Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

So am I out of order??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Sounds like she may be calling your bluff too. That sort of thing don't wash with me. I'll just go along with that rather ten back down to an idiot.

Her story doesn't add up. If there was a haze on her windows she would have complained, not tell you to come back next time. *******. Also, not sure how you can get a haze from wfp, that seems more of a trad issue where it's not been scrimed properly.

Yes total rubbish, thats what annoyed me, there windows are 5 months old and I have cleaned them for the past 3 months. There perfect, highly shiny! Just been opp and theres no hazing !! Lol

Here's one that's ****** me off today.

She contacted me via my Facebook business page at the start of December. She was absolutely desperate for a window cleaner. I went round, gave her a first clean price and a four weekly price which she was happy with. I cleaned them there and then and said I'd see her in the new year.

Sent her a message yesterday to let her know I'd be coming in the next day or two. I don't normally send a message but the only access to the back is through the house.

Got a flaky reply about "working all this week" and pretty much said it had to be today after the school run. Ok, whatever, it's only round the corner from me and my mrs can pick the kids up from school.

Then I get some **** about her freezer breaking. My guess is she just wanted a Xmas clean and now she's dicking me about. At least I charged a decent price for the first clean. Now I'm not sure whether to give her the benefit of the doubt and one more chance or whether to just ditch her.

View attachment 6142

Someone suggested it before but we need a name and shame thread to avoid these idiots lol

Like that one in valley way i warned you about who's cladding i cleaned and then she started badmouthing me to you

Defo a xmas clean contender, I'd go in hard and ditch right away, one day she will regret loosing a good window cleaner. You did the right thing by charging a good initial clean price so you have not lost nout really, apart from a extra one on 4 weekly, soon be replaced.

Defo a xmas clean contender, I'd go in hard and ditch right away, one day she will regret loosing a good window cleaner. You did the right thing by charging a good initial clean price so you have not lost nout really, apart from a extra one on 4 weekly, soon be replaced.
Technically, I've replaced her already. I took on two new four weekly customers today. I had a spare half hour before a dentist appointment too so I posted a load of leaflets so hopefully that'll bring in another few.

The problem I have with ditching customers is that my round is not yet full. As much as I want to ditch them, I tend to keep hold of them longer than I should. In a way I'd rather a £10 clean was earning me £90 or £100 over the course of a year (if the customer skips a few cleans) than nothing at all.

As above, I think you've handled it well. Once your round is full, its a case of customisation I.m.o. Any jip from anyone, its a case of dump and replace
Couldn't agree more ! Thats totally my policy too, I try to find out what's the deals about, but if they are unreasonable then I dump them without hesitation. A true way of keeping your self -respect ! And it's my privilege as a self employed not to be have to take any s... From anybody. :hehehe:

Unitl you have a full round you have to take ****, take ****, suck off the husband, allow your **** to be used as cum deposit by the husband whatever it takes to earn some cash.

after that you can start ******* customers arseholes yaself!

lol

Unitl you have a full round you have to take ****, take ****, suck off the husband, allow your **** to be used as cum deposit by the husband whatever it takes to earn some cash.

lol
I dunno about that mate, I have no where near a full round, have gaps all over my schedule and keep some free days for one off jobs etc, I am just on 1 year of trading now with this business, BUT I will not accept any **** from anyone, I know you can look at it as ahh but yeh its another tenner every 4 weeks etc etc but what hassle do you put yourself through to get that, you all went self employed to be your own boss, not to lick ass of morons that have no respect of you or your business. I am a strong beliver of do a superior job and work will flow the right way and you will grow to where you want to be.

lol
Bloody hell mate. I wouldn't fancy working where you work. o_O

The truth is having cleaned windows is not on most people high priority list... time is hard for a many people.

i have cancelled many things in the past and i don't expect to explain to people why i have cancelled, I had a few over the years mucking me about but i don't take it personally if they no longer wanted their windows cleaned for whatever reason but i do get annoyed when customers get funny about me working in the rain and then expect me to come back again then it not raining.

Must be the month of the messers, just got this about a hour ago, until this they have being really good, pay on the button, were happy to see me in their street as could not find a good reliable window cleaner...Also commented how perfect there windows were when cleaned, lame excuse perhaps due to being skint ??

View attachment 8840 View attachment 8841
The haze is probably in the gap between the glass. My windows are like it in low sun.

Like Dave said, window cleaning isn't high on a lot of people's priorities. Especially when custy hasn't got a keen eye like us and can see any dirt on the glass. I think some of them feel having them cleaned is a waste of time until they get proper dirty and they can see the difference when cleaned. Unless your prices are not too high ie £10 for a 3 bed every 4 weeks they will let it go. When you start charging £15 and upwards for a 3 bed they start to waiver.

It does make you question yourself when you lose a customer, BUT you will always gain more than you lose, unless you're a :turd: windy. A mate of mine is a windy and uses a trolley out of his car and doesn't carry much water. I happened to bump into him yesterday and I walked up the path to have a chat. I looked at the sills and they were GREEN! I thought to myself 'what a cowboy' but it's his business not mine. He said he'd been cleaning this house for years and charged £7. I suppose custy is happy paying £7, but would she pay £12/13 for a proper job? She probably wouldn't. I think the majority of cancellations are down to price. Like I've said before, custy probably sees the window cleaning bill like a Mobile phone bill. Do they want to pay £40 a month for an iPhone 6s or pay £15 for a crappy Nokia and save a few bob?

Chin up lads and keep these posts coming. I like reading all the messer stories :thumbsup:

The truth is some people have no respect for you ,so you have to have respect for yourself and know when it's time to walk away.

For some customers window cleaning is way down on there list of priorities and it's easy to just brush you off .

Some times they just skip cleans because they don't have the balls to get rid of you.

The amount of customers I have dropped for various reason and now a lot of the new starters are picking them up and getting the same problem,you will never change certain customers.

If you have people that constantly miss cleans,pay late forget to leave gates open then they are not customers they are just names on a list.

On the other hand if you have been cleaning someone for years and they miss then fine we all have are reasons it's the persistent offenders that will cause your business problems.

Once you are established and been going for a while these problems vary,very rarely occur.

I can't rember the last time someone said not today it's been years.

When your new to this you have a habit of picking up a lot of other window cleaners rubish that they dropped.

It is getting a lot harder to build a quality round now with so many window cleaners about and people starting up.

I dunno about that mate, I have no where near a full round, have gaps all over my schedule and keep some free days for one off jobs etc, I am just on 1 year of trading now with this business, BUT I will not accept any **** from anyone, I know you can look at it as ahh but yeh its another tenner every 4 weeks etc etc but what hassle do you put yourself through to get that, you all went self employed to be your own boss, not to lick ass of morons that have no respect of you or your business. I am a strong beliver of do a superior job and work will flow the right way and you will grow to where you want to be.
After a year of trading and cleaning your own windows every Saturday, isn't it about time you learnt how to clean windows without leaving a haze! tut tut, your giving us w.f.p boys a bad name /emoticons/wink.png/emoticons/biggrin.png

After a year of trading and cleaning your own windows every Saturday, isn't it about time you learnt how to clean windows without leaving a haze! tut tut, your giving us w.f.p boys a bad name /emoticons/wink.png/emoticons/biggrin.png
Sniggles :hehehe:

I might have to do them twice weekly now so I can be fully sure my 0ppm water is not causing a haze

Latest Posts

Back