Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fascia / Soffit Cleaning

entytwiss

Have been doing trad Wc for a few months and now being asked if I can clean PVC Soffits and fascias

Have no idea how to clean what to use how to price etc

Any advise please - likewise for gutter cleaning

Thanks

Best first browse through the relevent forums on here to find the answers you are looking for /emoticons/wink.png

Best first browse through the relevent forums on here to find the answers you are looking for /emoticons/wink.png
might be worth doing a full write up on this and have it pinned like the starting a window cleaning business one yourself and mark m seem to be the best ones to do this what do you think

Have been doing trad Wc for a few months and now being asked if I can clean PVC Soffits and fasciasHave no idea how to clean what to use how to price etc

Any advise please - likewise for gutter cleaning

Thanks
Personally I don't like doing it, but then you have to be businness-like. I have a small form that I use. Down the side I have listed front, back side etc. I then stride out and note the number of paces, then I make a note of the number of joins in the gutter and the number of downpipes. I enter this into my form on my computer and it converts it into numbers ie: two feet for each pace, although you can put whatever you think a 'Pace' might be. I then have a figure for each of the items - length, joins and downpipes. So you multiply it all out and that will give you a price, of course, you can make it more or less after that. I did one in September 2010, and these were the figures.Foot lengths 56 @.65p 36.40

Joins 12 @.60p 7.20

Downpipes 1.5 @ £3.30 4.95

This made a total of 48 55. So I probably charged £50.00, and I was well in on time with that. Note that downpipes and joins in the gutter are sometomes awkward and time consuming, so take account of that. I hope this has been of use to you.

Personally I don't like doing it, but then you have to be businness-like. I have a small form that I use. Down the side I have listed front, back side etc. I then stride out and note the number of paces, then I make a note of the number of joins in the gutter and the number of downpipes. I enter this into my form on my computer and it converts it into numbers ie: two feet for each pace, although you can put whatever you think a 'Pace' might be. I then have a figure for each of the items - length, joins and downpipes. So you multiply it all out and that will give you a price, of course, you can make it more or less after that. I did one in September 2010, and these were the figures.Foot lengths 56 @.65p 36.40

Joins 12 @.60p 7.20

Downpipes 1.5 @ £3.30 4.95

This made a total of 48 55. So I probably charged £50.00, and I was well in on time with that. Note that downpipes and joins in the gutter are sometomes awkward and time consuming, so take account of that. I hope this has been of use to you.
ridiculously complicated way of doing things, average 3 bed house by me i charge £20 per side, so £40 for front + back, or £60 for front +back + 1side.
i clean all the leafs and debris out of the gutter/downspout into a bucket by hand, then cloth the inside of the gutter to really clean it, i then add a small amount of bleach to a bucket of water and ecover and cloth clean the outside of the gutters and fascias/soffits and finally wipe it all over with a microfibre, hope that helps

It's not ridiculous, it's difficult to write it into a small space. Although I don't do many now, I used to do quite a lot. To say £20 a side is a ball park figure, and you have to be more precise if you want to do a good job at a good price and be competative.

when it comes to pricing its each to there own everyone has there own ways and different amounts they want to earn per hour as long as youre happy with what youre earning it shouldn't matter how you price or what you charge

Depends how dirty they are to, some soffits are also harder to clean and can be a lot bigger. I done a house last week that was about 12meters worth of fascia, soffit and guttering with 2 down pipes, I charged the fella £100 and he was absolutely chuffed to bits. I don't have an exact figure I work to cos every job is very different. Also depends on the area to!

I use a telescopic pressure wash wand. Great bit of kit. You need to clean the windows after due to using tap water and the dirt getting on them. I've found quicker than wfp for me.

I use a telescopic pressure wash wand. Great bit of kit. You need to clean the windows after due to using tap water and the dirt getting on them. I've found quicker than wfp for me.
I was thinking about getting one of them but got told there hard to control how do you find them

Back