Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Employing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

at least 2 of the 3 lads who work for me right now have previously worked for agencys where theyv done a 12 hour day unloading shippin containers for £30 , then havnt got paid !

they know when they work for me i always pay properly and sort out taxes and paperwork ,everything above board

to be honest I was thinking of applying...just to get away from the wife...

these days, but I discovered girls by the time I was 10, and by the time I was 11 I realised I was a pervert. :thumbsup:/emoticons/biggrin.png

er finish the sentence with..

so I become a window cleaner...:rofl:

our george told it how it is...

tis good money boar...er...lucky to get that myself most days...well okay ...most half days...but cheapie been a good boy today...a full day for once...needs must..and yep...all lined up to work in the rain tomorrow..feck it..crack on..

40+ quid a day regularly is very good money when youre a youngster . regularly being the word. oh they can get 50 or 60 a day doing handballing out truck containers or on a removals van for an agency but thats irregular work, some weeks no work at all in those type of jobs .
When I was young I remember just being happy to earn a reasonable wage so long as I had a good boss. I was never good at working for arseholes, so I'm going to try my best to not be a hoop. :thumbsup:

to be honest I was thinking of applying...just to get away from the wife...

these days, but I discovered girls by the time I was 10, and by the time I was 11 I realised I was a pervert. :thumbsup:/emoticons/biggrin.png

er finish the sentence with..

so I become a window cleaner...:rofl:

our george told it how it is...

tis good money boar...er...lucky to get that myself most days...well okay ...most half days...but cheapie been a good boy today...a full day for once...needs must..and yep...all lined up to work in the rain tomorrow..feck it..crack on..
Lol, I'm like a kid in a sweetshop in this job mate. Milfs, Gilfs, Students and Yoga girls,.... it don't get better then that! /emoticons/biggrin.png

and that is the right way to be a boss tolish!/emoticons/biggrin.png

my dad had a lad working for him for ages...became part of the family..rock on fidget...

worked with me too was great to be with..

didnt like rained off days though...not so much money...naughty daddy...

and cleaners mopping the floor with very low cut tops but I never look of course.:rolleyes:

it something I gota do in next month,tooooo much work /emoticons/smile.png

nice prob to have

as inform hmrc,only if they have another job,pension or on bens

if their lower earning limit £112 a week isn't past,you don't need to inform,just keep records and stuff

if it is past,over £112.you need to register and keep up with informing rti with hmrc

not much incentive to pay more than nmw n 15 hours

I have a work mate who does his own round, so we are separate but under the same umbrella, we also use his younger brother part time,

Saves all the tax and employment hassle...

might be a silly question, but do you have to become an employer, can't just the person working with you become self-employed?

I mean, I worked like that for someone for years, was that the proper way? He'd just pay me cash.

might be a silly question, but do you have to become an employer, can't just the person working with you become self-employed?I mean, I worked like that for someone for years, was that the proper way? He'd just pay me cash.
As far as I'm aware they have clamped down on that sort of contract, and obviously the whole cash thing (in its true form) isnt legal either. I think if someone has worked for you for an amount of time, then they have to have employees rights. I want to go legit with it anyway as I want the business to be able to grow without skeletons that HMRC can pull out later down the line.

Only if you are a separate company who he wants to get you to quote him for a particular job

Otherwise you are an employee working on a self employed basis

If someone works for you for 12 weeks they become legally entitled to the pay and conditions of a permanent employee

That's why agencies can't rip staff off now

might be a silly question, but do you have to become an employer, can't just the person working with you become self-employed?I mean, I worked like that for someone for years, was that the proper way? He'd just pay me cash.
the touble with that is that the ordinary joe going self employed has no idea how to do his taxes and in a very short time has a big NI bill and You being his employer will end up having to sort it out.

He will be defo away once he finds out what he could earn on his own for sure /emoticons/biggrin.png

He will be defo away once he finds out what he could earn on his own for sure /emoticons/biggrin.png
Thats why you pick a dime bar kind of guy./emoticons/biggrin.png

I already have a possible student that may be available for summerjob etc. Hopefully get a call from him tomorrow.

An employee will stich you up like a kipper in a blink of an eye ask @shazzy692002
Of course many will, but I'll always be with him. I'll be doing tops while he does bottoms. When moneys changing hands he'll be loading up the ladder etc. There won't be many opportunities or incentives to fk me over if I get the vetting right.

you will be allrite tolish, i sense it

the percentage of employees who will "do you over" is really quite small, the majority of youngsters just want to earn some regular money and be happy in their work.

This time of year is great for takin on a new worker, suns out and very few moaning customers for them to face

i found better getting a new guy/girl and teaching them your way than having someone who has bad habits you spend trying to get them to break i.m.o

Latest Posts

Back