Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bad day

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Wfp is good as can clean the cars with it also

How detailed are you when you valet

Ever clay barred a car??

For that sort of detailed job you can charge top dollar

I can mop and polish also if needed..just need a new generator for my d/a

Wfp is good as can clean the cars with it alsoHow detailed are you when you valet

Ever clay barred a car??

For that sort of detailed job you can charge top dollar

I can mop and polish also if needed..just need a new generator for my d/a
Wouldnt go near a car with a wfp mate, it alright for vans and fleet cleans but will potentially mark paint.

Im pretty good mate tbh i charge 50-60 quid for a full valet then i do a "showroom valet" at 100-120

Both involve all interior wet vacced, plastics dressed, exterior cleaned and polished by hand, tyre dressed, tar spots removed etc etc. on a showroom valet clay bar then a quick go over with the machine polisher, i have a das pro d/a and can remove minor swirls, also pay more attention to detail such as air vents, headlinings etc.

The next step up is proper swirl removal on top end cars where you can charge 200 plus but then your talking paint correction techniques, paint depth measurement a lot of extra training and insurance its quite interesting but i wouldnt want to do it all day everyday as its knackering grovelling around in a car all day more so than windows imo

I can tell you know your onions

I can polish well with a d/a

Used to do it after a spray job ready for customer to have their car back after repair

It's a bit worrying when doing it on top end cars..i burnt the paint on a mini roof once. .lesson learnt

Great thing about the d/a mate is its pretty much impossible to damage paint with unless you have grit on your pad, if you push too hard it stops, i can remove minor swirls working thru to more aggresive pads and polishes but for proper swirl removal you need a rotary and thats when you can burn through paint, insurance is vital when working with rotarys.

I tend not to offer swirl removal or detailing for this reason, but you can fool your average customer with the filler type polishes applied by hand, these are great for full valets as all swirls appear to be gone, they return after its been washed a few times though.

One thing i learned was the two bucket wash, i cringe everytime i see someone washing there car in the street with 1 bucket and a sponge, looks alright till the light hits it in a certain way.

I am talking about the d/a we had in the garage..i still have one..pneumatic

Use with extremely fine abrasive pads in the workshop to do the job properly

Poor you, its not fun some times.

I was cleaning a dormer window today, window is split into four panes, the wooden divider at the top pinged off:eek::mad: when using wfp, it came rattling down the tiles into the gutte:gush:r, retrieved, then said to the custy:oops:, who was all fine about ito_O, It just clips in, top/bottom, plastic fastener, they said window swings in. cant believe:confused: they make windows like that, poor qualit:thumbsdown:y on reasonably priced houses. Will be very careful next time:sad:.

Had to start late today because I had to take my wife to our boys school for a chat with the occupational therapist. Couldn't start cleaning until 11.30 and I really needed a full day as I'm getting behind. Arrived in the village where my round is and I've left my mop at home which is about 15 minutes drive back, didn't want to do that because I had to collect my other boy from college at 2.30 so I soaped up the glass with a cloth, what a pain in the ****. Another hour out of my day doing the college run, looking forward to the day we can afford to run two vehicles.

hmmm bad day blues...we all have em...

them conny end caps are always coming off...

I was quite happy yesterday after a really hard day ..started at seven am with no coffee...and minus three....

nicely finishing and decided to connect my wfp to the outside tap to just give the roof panel ends on a conny a wash as they always look bad

I thought she needs a new rubber seal on that connection and of course as I went to disconnect the male hoselock just snapped straight off.

yes I know they are only cheap and I have loads knocking around ..so I searched my sticky box....none in

..I had cleaned it out at xmas...its not sticky from my gone off skittles as it was nice and clean at xmas straight away something leaked all over everything.

so I decided to glue it back on :eek: but the cheap glue off ebay is useless and all I did was get sticky.

anyway I left it upside down whilst I finished off and hoped it would dry ...and around the corner came the custy to pay me...and all I could think was she is going to think why is that off the tap and upside down..

anyway she went back inside and so I decided to see if it would stay stuck on...and just as I put it back on the tap around she comes again ...I just escaped getting caught..but..it stayed stuck on...I er didnt put the hosepipe back on...as I know when she goes to connect it ...:eek:

so I went home and found a new one straight away but...

even though they are cheap and I have a few...I reckon it was already cracked before I connected as water was peeing out..

one thing you must do is...

always take a photo before you start a job..

yes I always forget to do that too...but it is a great reference for cases like that..

you just have to keep going and say..theres always tomorrow..

roll on saturday and my bacon butty time..:rolleyes:

Latest Posts

Back