Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ro System Question

WCF

Help Support WCF:

dfw2020wc

I picked this system/parts (no filters and missing most of the plumbing, and do not know brand) up off of cr@igslist yesterday, it was free, just time and gas to pick up. I am in the process of building a multi stage di cart, on a modified sack truck, and have all the parts and pieces for the cart. The free gear from c/l are just extras, the only thing I may use off of it would be the bracket for my diy cart. The thread size for the three pre filters as well as the clear/blue vessel on top would fit a 1/4" to 1/4" j/g fitting and the RO is slightly smaller, could this system be used for a tank system or rainwater harvest set up if needed. I know very little about RO systems, and do not know what kind of limit this RO vessel/filter would have on daily production, but looks similar to what you guys use in the UK. This was an under sink unit for household use before I got it.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Steven

yes you could use it once you have re plumbed it and got all new filters.

can't tell form the pic but it looks like its barely a 100GPD RO, so water production will be slow.

Unscrew the cap on the ro housing and pull out the membrane. That way you will be able to tell what size is it.

Probably be a 50gpd which will be no use to you. However all you need to do is upgrade to a 150gpd membrane and change the flow restrictor to match.

Unscrew the cap on the ro housing and pull out the membrane. That way you will be able to tell what size is it.

Probably be a 50gpd which will be no use to you. However all you need to do is upgrade to a 150gpd membrane and change the flow restrictor to match.
I am assuming it would be on the lower end of the gpd (anywhere between 50-60 or 80gpd is what I see offered locally for residential). There were no filters or a membrane when I got it so have nothing to compare it to. Just doing a bit of research to see if it of use.

Hi Steven, yes you would be able to use it. Contact your local r/o supplier and ask for a 150gpd plus pre filters. You will also need a flow restrictor and tubing to put it all together.

Latest Posts

Back