Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

FAO alex gardiner

bluemonkey

i was going to email you but cant find email address

i want to get a carbon goose neck on tuesday, either 10 or 14, its the size from the bend

cheers

They are all in stock. They will be very busy on Tuesday following the holiday weekend so it will be best to ring ahead and place your order to save having to wait.

thats not a prob, as will get it left in the usual place, i take it the 14 inc, is measured from the bend
The length of each gooseneck is measured from the bend to the glass surface so includes the brush depth. Therefore a 14" will allow you to easily reach over a window sill that is 14" deep.

ok, cheers for that,

besides the weight, what is the difference between carbon and metal goosenecks, is it just the bend

Alex, I was originally going to send an email in the morning, but since this is here I will do this instead, hope you don't mind.

We have made the decision to swap our existing 7 brodex poles for gardiner ones due to the commentator and customer service seen on this site. In addition immediately, we will be ordering a pole for our new solar panel cleaning service, I am having doubts on my choice of pole;

I had decided on the slx 35 thinking that this would be sufficient length - I am worried, having no way of checking prior, I could be wrong. Do you feel this would sufficiently reach the apex of a 2 story house for cleaning solar panels?

Thanks is you can offer advice,

Stephen

ok, cheers for that,

besides the weight, what is the difference between carbon and metal goosenecks, is it just the bend
They are a lot lighter, quick release and also makes use of the optimum 90° angle of the rear of the brush face for best reach over sills. If you have previously used the old aluminium ones then you will really notice the difference. They balance the weight of the poles so much better.

Alex, I was originally going to send an email in the morning, but since this is here I will do this instead, hope you don't mind.

We have made the decision to swap our existing 7 brodex poles for gardiner ones due to the commentator and customer service seen on this site. In addition immediately, we will be ordering a pole for our new solar panel cleaning service, I am having doubts on my choice of pole;

I had decided on the slx 35 thinking that this would be sufficient length - I am worried, having no way of checking prior, I could be wrong. Do you feel this would sufficiently reach the apex of a 2 story house for cleaning solar panels?

Thanks is you can offer advice,

Stephen
Hi Stephen

I am always pleased to hear from prospective new clients /emoticons/tongue.png

From my experience having cleaned many Velux windows (never yet been asked to clean Solar Panels) a 35ft would just not be long enough. I would personally go for either a 40ft or a 45ft pole.

If I was setting up with this type of work now there would be two options for me:

1. Xtreme35 with 44ft extension pack, 90° gooseneck (http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/info_CARBON_GOOSENECK_90D.html ) and a flocked or medium mixed brush.

2. 8x SL2 extensions (modular base sections) with top alloy adapter (http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/SL_Modular_Tools.html) and 90° gooseneck and a flocked or medium mixed brush.

My personal choice would be the Xtreme due to its usability on all your other work. You really need a light stiff pole for this work to avoid the sag common with such work.

We have just set up a very large solar panel cleaning firm in Germany with Option 2 and he cannot believe the strength and rigidity of the SL2 sections.

Of course the standard Super-Max range would work well, but if you are planning on doing a lot of this work then I would seriously consider one of the above options.

Any other questions please feel free to ask.

Is it worth using gooseneck for residential property's ?im prity new to whole water fed pole so sorry if I sound bit stupid

I am also a newbie in the wfp world, and I'm currently saving to buy my system. I'm going on Friday to order everything I need. But I just cannot decide what poles to go for. Although my system will only be 1 man to start with I want to get 2 poles. At the mo the poles will be for residential, and I will be going looking for commercial.. But what 2 pole would you recommend I start off with? I would need the length for 3 story too

Thanks and sorry for the hassle

I am also a newbie in the wfp world, and I'm currently saving to buy my system. I'm going on Friday to order everything I need. But I just cannot decide what poles to go for. Although my system will only be 1 man to start with I want to get 2 poles. At the mo the poles will be for residential, and I will be going looking for commercial.. But what 2 pole would you recommend I start off with? I would need the length for 3 story too

Thanks and sorry for the hassle
No hassle at all - it's what I do /emoticons/smile.png

2 poles is actually the best way to start as it means that you are usually working with no more weight than you need at any point in the day. I would recommend an 18ft and a 30ft pole to start with. This combination will really give you the ability to clean almost anything residential you come across. The 18ft will get about 85% of your work done. The 30ft is for the odd third storey dormer etc.

The CLX18 and the SLX30 would fit the bill very well. If budget is not an issue you could make the 18ft an SLX as well.

Is it worth using gooseneck for residential property's ?im prity new to whole water fed pole so sorry if I sound bit stupid
It is better to ask all the questions you can when starting off.

A carbon gooseneck is not absolutely necessary for use on any property. Having said that if you can stretch to a carbon gooseneck then you will notice the benefit as some of the most awkward sills etc. occur on residential windows. I have used both and find the carbon gooseneck (10") makes my life so much easier hence I stick with it for everything.

Thanks for the reply, the place I'm going offers gardiner poles but I'm not sure if they stock them? Hopefully do, so I can get a look at them.

Back