Hard Rubber V Soft Rubber

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by norm, May 20, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. norm

norm Grand Master

Been cleaning windows only 8 weeks and started with unger soft rubber.I bought some hard rubber and used it first time today and I found after blading I was leaving water behind not lifting it as well as soft rubber did. Is there a different tachnique for using different rubber? cheers

Advertisement
  2. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

dont think so, some ppl use hard rubber for warmer temps and soft in the cold.

i just use ettore medium soft year round

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I used to use Unger hard all year round. I had a load of soft that I just couldn't get on with. Then one day I tried the soft again and I prefer it tbh.

BTW, I changed from fairy to ecover and you find it leaves less soap on the glass after blading it.

4. Mr B shine

Mr B shine Active Member

I use pulex hard all year round and I just can't get on with anything else be it soft or hard. You just need to try then

5. norm

norm Grand Master

Thanks for the replies and info.Going to try and get the hard rubber to work for me.Going out Tue and Wed see what happens, heres hopein

6. Posh

Posh Hero

Unheralded soft all year.

Wagtail medium is pretty good to.

7. norm

norm Grand Master

Just an update on the hard v soft rubber.Used the hard rubber Tue. and Wed. on about 40 houses found using slightly more pressure improved things greatly.Probably sounds obvious but when you are a rookie the obvious aint allways right.Looks like I am going hard rubber for summer[when it arrives]

8. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

I used unger soft for couple of years , changed to etorre soft was advised by W C W must say do find them better,
    use it with the unger end clips very little detailing when fanning
    the rubbers are thicker quite hard to get clips in but much better

9. norm

norm Grand Master

Can I use etorre in unger gear? I do think I have too much detailing when fanning.I have bought some unger end clips but haven't got a chance to use them yet

10. adyspurs

adyspurs Guru

I use hard Unger all year round,have done for years,go with what you feel comfortable with,I'm very heavy handed though.

Advertisement