Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Mad as hell. Post office lost a weeks takings.

Eddie dragon

I bank with santander, so usually pay cash and cheque envelope at post office. Running late so used po in village I was in. Standing with me card in hand ready to press yes. Instead she handed me a recite an said all done. I questioned at the time why I hadn't used my card to verify the amount. She showed me the recite again my account details and the correct amount. I just did it manually she said. Well that was on 22nd February Not only has the cash not turned up but the cheque envelope has disappeared as well. Santander are investigating but told me tonight that the envelope will just be written off.

16 cheques lost, 16 customers I have to ask to pay again.

So bloody mad I Carnt complain. Tried ringing twice. Got fed up of multiple choices that don't fit your complaint. Then oh sorry that's not this department let me just put you back on hold.

Lost it an swore twice. Buggers hung up on me. Ahhh just making me madder.

I bank with santander, so usually pay cash and cheque envelope at post office. Running late so used po in village I was in. Standing with me card in hand ready to press yes. Instead she handed me a recite an said all done. I questioned at the time why I hadn't used my card to verify the amount. She showed me the recite again my account details and the correct amount. I just did it manually she said. Well that was on 22nd February Not only has the cash not turned up but the cheque envelope has disappeared as well. Santander are investigating but told me tonight that the envelope will just be written off. 16 cheques lost, 16 customers I have to ask to pay again.
I had a similar experience over a year ago.

The local NatWest shut down so I was invited to pay in through the P.O. this I did successfully for a few months.

Then guess what.... Paid cheque envelope in and they went and lost them and I was given the runaround by both NatWest and P.O. One blaming the other. Never did get to the bottom of it.

So told my customers to cancel cheques and write fresh ones.

From now on I travel to town and pay in at NatWest.

And the P.O. can P.O.

I HAVE A FEW ON gc, IM TAKING PAYMENTS FOR TODAYS WORK SHORTLY. usually get one every week, Still hard to get some to do it. too cautious, they never heard of it

I only get about 1 cheque a week and i send r lass to the bank with them.

Cash doesnt stay in the wallet long enough to get paid in. 90% pay online

If you have a receipt for the amount you should be covered.

If you're real stuck on this call me tomorrow, I have a Santander business managers mobile on speed dial, he's a decent bloke, may be able to get you in the right direction.

Back