Harry From Hampshire

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Relic, Sep 10, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Relic

Relic Guest

Hello all, i'm currently considering starting my own window cleaning business and have been doing some research this week which has subsequently lead myself here. I'm undecided on the initial route i'll take but the cheaper start up costs of using traditional methods, then investing in a water fed pole system later down the line seems the avenue i'm likely to take. Neverheless I won't rush into making any decisions and will just soak up as much information as possible before i make any commitment!

As an utter newbie to this industry, would it be worth completing any training courses i.e National Window Cleaning Academy etc, before i let myself loose on the public? Would i be better served practicing at home, then learning on the job so to speak? Any thoughts about this and anything you else would be really appreciated!

Advertisement
  2. Wheatie

Wheatie Guest

Welcome mate!!!

If its information you want mate you have arrived at the right place. Everyone on here is fantastic.

I for one am just getting a business plan up and running and can't wait to start now. Fire away with questions mate and I'm sure all will be as help as ever!

Where about are you in Hampshire?

Welcome once again and all the best!

3. Wheatie

Wheatie Guest

Oops I mean Helpful*

4. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Welcome to the forum .

You don't need training to clean windows .
    It's common sense really if they dirty clean them until clean simples .
    Get some practice on your own windows before letting loose on jo public lol .

Youtube is great for learning technique etc watch and learn then get out there .

5. Paul

Paul Guest

Hi mate welcome to the forum.

6. Iain

Iain Guru

Hi Harry welcome to the forum

7. harunh

harunh Legend

Welcome to the forum, window cleaning is a good trade to be in mate ;) tell us a bit more.... Are u going to have transport? If so what vehicle?

8. Relic

Relic Guest

Thanks for the welcome! Yeah, i'll purchase a small van - Combo, Berlingo or Partner.

9. Relic

Relic Guest

Thanks, i'm in Winchester!

Are you looking to start your business with a water fed pole or initially use traditional methods?

10. Wheatie

Wheatie Guest

gonna kit the Van out with WFP, but still going to do Trad, you never know when equipment could fail and you need Trad! I done my Basic training for the Army in Winchester, didnt see much of the town, but ran around the forest there with a rifle lol! but from what I seen it was nice lol!

Advertisement