Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bank Transfers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I do it with existing customers, wouldnt put it on flyers etc.

To my knowledge, no one can do anything dodgy with just your account number & sort code. I might be wrong.

Hell no. There isn't a great deal of fraud that people could pull off with JUST these details but by giving them out to everyone, you'll be one step closer to being robbed. Give them out to customers that ask for them but don't give them out by default.

It may be an idea to put on the cards that you can accept payments via BACS and PayPal. You can actually use PayPal's logo too

People cant do nothing with your s/c and a/c but they can if they have other details such as your name & address...

People cant do nothing with your s/c and a/c but they can if they have other details such as your name & address...
Double negative H...tut.

What I'm saying is that if someone had your sort code and account number, they're one step closer to ripping you off. I'm probably a bit paranoid but it's better safe than sorry when it comes to money

Suppose it's one of those things that's ultimately down to you.

Personally I'll probably leave it on my invoices that I leave with customers who I miss, but as Iain said I'd never give it out as default such as put it on a website or a blanket flyer.

Yeah true Iain mate their a step closer in other words their half way up the ladder /emoticons/wink.png lol

i use bacs transfers, before you give your details out , take theirs so you know exactly who has your details, i added method of payments to my cleaning slips when they enquire about bacs i give them a card with my banking details on it . Also insist on payment within 7 days of the clean, if they leave it untill the next clean you have to trawl through a months worth of transactions to check that you havnt missed their payment.

if you write those details down on cards that also have your name and address then all the best haha

Back