Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Slx Pole Help

mark m

I have decided i am going to order a slx pole this week .I am thinking of getting a slx 22 for everyday use as i have a clx 22 which has had it but it is a nice size to use but i was wondering is easy to add sections on and how long does it take to do

Thanks rc seen that one before i want to add a bigger section to the end so i can buy a slx 22 and take with me a section for a 25ft 30ft 35ft for when i need them . It just seems to easy just pushing each section up to get a bigger one

just found this that Alex posted on another forum.

same video was put up and

To remove sections: this is a very simple job and one than can be done in seconds. This video shows how to remove a section and then re-fit. This can be applied to all sections including the larger base sections.

Why do our poles have Joint-Stops when some other do not?

Some other brands are made with just an overlap marker section, which is indeed how some of our SL-X poles were sold many years ago. Although this method is much easier for manufacturing as all sections are just slid together once made making the assembly process significantly cheaper, we decided for safety reasons and ease of everyday use that we needed to have joint-stops fitted.

Safety - I myself have been in a situation where at 40ft+ I have over-extended a pole without joint stops and nearly lost control of the top pole sections that suddenly have slid free of the handle section that I was controlling - this brings you out in a very rapid sweat. When extending a pole, particularly at height, you should be looking at where the head of the pole is, not at the extension markers by you hands.

Ease of Use - when working all day extending the pole, you simply want to extend and let the pole tell you when to clamp. With joint-stops this can be done without looking away from the job (the glass or building), you simply clamp when the section stops. Without joint stops you have to look at the section for most of the time whilst extending - I have worked both ways and this is much slower than using a pole with joint-stops.

If you already own (or considering owning) a Gardiner Pole can you add sections to it in the future?

Yes you can very easily. Whilst on many occasions it is faster and simpler to own two sizes of poles, it is also useful for that occasional job or that new contract to add sections, permanently or temporarily, to a Gardiner pole.

To add sections you can remove the end base caps and then fit a section or sections to make the pole longer. This is very simple to work out what to use. All of our poles are numbered from the top section which is No.1; these numbers then work downwards. Most poles now have numbered clamps to make this easier - the number on the clamp refers to the section size it is glued on to. So if you have an SLX30 this is a 6 section pole and you can then add a No.7 section to it (base from an SLX35) or you could add a No.7 and No.8 section (No.7 and Base no.8 from and Super-Max40). All poles use the same clamping architecture for the ability to add from across the range.

When adding sections the quick-release top gooseneck system makes it very simple to drop the hose out from the pole, slide on new section and reconnect all in seconds.

When you have removed or added sections, always make sure that you use a correct size end-cap as these not only protect your carbon section, but also protect any vehicles or delicate paintwork you may be working around. Metal base rings/caps as they start to get slightly scuffed can have razor sharp edges which I personally have cut myself on in use (trialling our own prototypes with them on) and can easily dent or scratch your clients vehicle.

Xtreme Poles

Adding sections work slightly differently on the newer Xtreme ranges. Not only are these poles the worlds absolutely lightest, most rigid telescopic poles, but they can also be easily added to as part of the design.

There are 6 different extension packs for the Xtreme pole range. The Xtreme18 and Xtreme25 have a low cost single extension that can simply be added by sliding on the single section. Then starting with the Xtreme25, you can purchase full Xtreme extension two-packs that take you all the way up to 74/78ft. There is a 35ft extension two-pack that slides on to the Xtreme25 turning it into a full Xtreme35 (which you could buy as a stand-alone pole). You can then buy a 44ft Xtreme two-pack extension which can slide on to an Xtreme35 turning it into an Xtreme44. After you have got to this height you can then add modular extensions in either standard or Hi-Strength which can be added to the Xtreme44 or the stand alone Xtreme47 to get it to a total height of other 74ft (Xtreme44 plus 6 HS extensions) or 78ft (Xtreme47 plus 6 HS extensions).

Here in the UK the Xtreme poles are revolutionising the way serious professionals work with poles that transform low level work, but can then be used on 80ft buildings.

just found this that Alex posted on another forum.

same video was put up and

To remove sections: this is a very simple job and one than can be done in seconds. This video shows how to remove a section and then re-fit. This can be applied to all sections including the larger base sections.

Why do our poles have Joint-Stops when some other do not?

Some other brands are made with just an overlap marker section, which is indeed how some of our SL-X poles were sold many years ago. Although this method is much easier for manufacturing as all sections are just slid together once made making the assembly process significantly cheaper, we decided for safety reasons and ease of everyday use that we needed to have joint-stops fitted.

Safety - I myself have been in a situation where at 40ft+ I have over-extended a pole without joint stops and nearly lost control of the top pole sections that suddenly have slid free of the handle section that I was controlling - this brings you out in a very rapid sweat. When extending a pole, particularly at height, you should be looking at where the head of the pole is, not at the extension markers by you hands.

Ease of Use - when working all day extending the pole, you simply want to extend and let the pole tell you when to clamp. With joint-stops this can be done without looking away from the job (the glass or building), you simply clamp when the section stops. Without joint stops you have to look at the section for most of the time whilst extending - I have worked both ways and this is much slower than using a pole with joint-stops.

If you already own (or considering owning) a Gardiner Pole can you add sections to it in the future?

Yes you can very easily. Whilst on many occasions it is faster and simpler to own two sizes of poles, it is also useful for that occasional job or that new contract to add sections, permanently or temporarily, to a Gardiner pole.

To add sections you can remove the end base caps and then fit a section or sections to make the pole longer. This is very simple to work out what to use. All of our poles are numbered from the top section which is No.1; these numbers then work downwards. Most poles now have numbered clamps to make this easier - the number on the clamp refers to the section size it is glued on to. So if you have an SLX30 this is a 6 section pole and you can then add a No.7 section to it (base from an SLX35) or you could add a No.7 and No.8 section (No.7 and Base no.8 from and Super-Max40). All poles use the same clamping architecture for the ability to add from across the range.

When adding sections the quick-release top gooseneck system makes it very simple to drop the hose out from the pole, slide on new section and reconnect all in seconds.

When you have removed or added sections, always make sure that you use a correct size end-cap as these not only protect your carbon section, but also protect any vehicles or delicate paintwork you may be working around. Metal base rings/caps as they start to get slightly scuffed can have razor sharp edges which I personally have cut myself on in use (trialling our own prototypes with them on) and can easily dent or scratch your clients vehicle.

Xtreme Poles

Adding sections work slightly differently on the newer Xtreme ranges. Not only are these poles the worlds absolutely lightest, most rigid telescopic poles, but they can also be easily added to as part of the design.

There are 6 different extension packs for the Xtreme pole range. The Xtreme18 and Xtreme25 have a low cost single extension that can simply be added by sliding on the single section. Then starting with the Xtreme25, you can purchase full Xtreme extension two-packs that take you all the way up to 74/78ft. There is a 35ft extension two-pack that slides on to the Xtreme25 turning it into a full Xtreme35 (which you could buy as a stand-alone pole). You can then buy a 44ft Xtreme two-pack extension which can slide on to an Xtreme35 turning it into an Xtreme44. After you have got to this height you can then add modular extensions in either standard or Hi-Strength which can be added to the Xtreme44 or the stand alone Xtreme47 to get it to a total height of other 74ft (Xtreme44 plus 6 HS extensions) or 78ft (Xtreme47 plus 6 HS extensions).

Here in the UK the Xtreme poles are revolutionising the way serious professionals work with poles that transform low level work, but can then be used on 80ft buildings.
Nice find cheers

Latest Posts

Back