Has Anyone Tried Working With Snow & Ice With Wfp ?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by duffer01, Jan 18, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. duffer01

duffer01 Newcomer

hi was wondering if anyone has cleaned windows using WFP with snow or ice on the ground ?

do they moan or cancel ? or is there any other type of problems ?

i usually don't go out but money is running out stopping in for days on end with no sign of this bad weather ending i was thinking of giving it a try .

would love some feedback guys !!

Advertisement
  2. Window Cleaning Rayleigh

Window Cleaning Rayleigh Well-Known Member

I've cleaned windows with a wfp the day after it had snowed with no probs. The only issue u may have is the hose laying on the floor freezing, I personally didn't have that problem and the Windows came up fine, the temperature had gone above freezing just though, although there was still snow on the ground. Good luck mate

3. Knoxy

Knoxy Well-Known Member

I was out on Wednesday morning and it was freezing, I was using my Gardiners pole but had no end of trouble with the pole hose freezing so I packed up and got the ladder out, done one window and felt it was unsafe in the conditions so I got my old streamline pole out to give that a go.. never had a problem with it as the pole hose is much better insulated.
    I'm ordering some new streamline lite 5 pole hose for my Gardiners pole now.

4. duffer01

duffer01 Newcomer

cheers guys , much appreciate the input , i did try once years ago when my pole hose froze to and have never tried since really .
    do you find the customer moan or pull faces when you turn up ? or have they let you clean them and cancel you next time ?

Advertisement