Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

window cleaning progression and earnings

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jay198127

hi names Jamie wanted some opinions and wondered how everyone else getting on new business and established, I live in Essex and competition is quite fearce...I started part time October 2015 just doing weekends while I worked current job took the plunge and left my job to do windows cleaning full time in March this year 2016 bought a 60 plate traffic kitted out with 500ltr tank now realise with how fast go through water could have maybe done with a bigger tank, also invested in gutter vac after a few near misses falling of ladder doing gutters lol...so been doing job 15mths and full time 9 months.....most of my weeks in the month im at capacity for the day but still have quite few days hear and there which I call my slack days which I need to increase customer Base and best my self up quite regular when these days come round again and another month has passed which I've let opportunity to canvass or leaflet drop or advertise slip bye just added up my earnings from November just purely regular customer Base I earnt £2834.50 which thought weren't bad but know I can do better, wondered do you all work mon- Fri or do you do weekends as well....feel sometimes I letting myself and family down as I no longer do weekends and there days I could be out working as well which I did when first setting up while did my old job done 7 days week for 6 months...but part reason wanted do this was for the work life balance and the ability to spend more time with my missus and kids which has worked out and been great....thought I'd mention as well all my bussiness apart from 3 shops is all residential and the 3 shops only came about as they had asked me to do them....is what I'm earning average or below and what can I do to increase earnings is commercial any good and do they pay or do you have to wait for money....there's plenty of roads round my way thay you can tell you just be able to do fronts as no rear access I've tended to stay away from these but am I missing out....thanks in advance for any advice or tips

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Personally I'd be quite happy with a turnover of £2834.50 per month but others wouldn't. You basically need to ask yourself what you want out of life, more money or more time with the family. If you're going to be working weekends as well as weekdays you won't get much work/life balance.

I do all my regular work Monday to Thursday, this leaves Friday for gutter, conny roofs, etc and if nothing like that booked in time for canvassing

Back