Has this ever?????

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by ALPINEYORKS, Feb 12, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. ALPINEYORKS

ALPINEYORKS Active Member

Hi there. My ro system had started to produce water really slow but the quality of the water was still a good low ppm. After inspecting my system I have noticed that the last pre filter which I believe is the charcoal one has failed allowing the charcoal to flow through and then block my first ro membrane. is this a common thing to happen? First time for me in 7 years but my question is does an ro pump help cause this has I fitted the pump at the same time as the last membraines so after replacing the membraines I'm unsure wheather or not to turn it on.

Advertisement
  2. abs

abs Guru

The carbon filter does get bits on it, suppose it could clog up the system , won't hurt to turn the booster pump on it may even push the blockage out ?? Or make it worse:thumbsdown:

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I'm not sure what psi/flow those carbon cartridges are rated at but the only thing stopping the carbon granules coming out and being pushed into the membrane is a thin filter that has obviously failed.

What psi is the pump and what make is the carbon cartridge?

Reason why I’m asking if the carbon cartridge is within normal working spec you could complain to the supplier and try to get them to pay for replacement membranes as they are obviously fooked now.

4. ALPINEYORKS

To be honest I think it's just a poor cartridge don't know the make of it. The membraines are amfor though. I have the pump set up straight after the charcoal so thinking about it should this cause them to break. I've stopped using the pump for now may just use it when I'm in a desperate need for water

5. spruce

spruce Grand Master

.....or put the booster pump after the prefilters and before the membrane. I think this is the way Purefreedom set their 4040's up.

6. ALPINEYORKS

That's the way it is already mate. But I'm think would it draw the water out quicker hence why it's split. God knows. Just another annoying WFP problem

7. spruce

spruce Grand Master

I would change from a granular carbon filter to a Fiberdyne carbon filter TBH. The only thing holding those granules back is a thin gauge type material and/or a bit of sponge.

I've just looked at an old one I had lying around.

8. ALPINEYORKS

Do you have a link to view one of these mate?

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Advertisement