Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Have I priced this one right???

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Nigel Wren

WindowGuy
Got a phone call this morning, can I give a quote on windows, jet washing etc. popped round at 2.00 and this is the house.

Property history - 3 Park Avenue, Farnborough, Orpington BR6 8LJ - Marketed for rent on 15th Jan 2015 - Zoopla

the owner wants:

1) soft wash of roof (and there's a lot of it) to remove algae and clean it up.

2) Pressure washing of block paved driveway and large decking to the rear

3) fascias and soffits

4) Cleaning of guttering

5) windows (I counted 35 plus 3 huge glazed bi-folding doors)

6) re sanding the block paved drive after cleaning

really struggled with this one, reckoned its 2 to 3 days work? so quoted 340 pounds and he came back with a yes! he also wants a 4 weekly clean of the windows (quoted 35 for that)

what do you think???

could have gone in at 400 plus or is it about right?

I don't do pressure washing or any other services.just Windows.

But in my opinion massively underpriced.

If you are pricing jobs on a day rate then £110 a day for some one running a business is way to low especially down south.

Bear in mind that customer is paying nearly 2k a week in rent so he will expect to pay top money.

ooops, when I priced the jobs separately for the quote, it came to 600, this guy had just told me that he had another quote around the 240 mark for the work... ok that's maybe just talk. I thought 110 per day is ok money, too late now, just wondered how others would have priced the job.

If your happy with the price then it's all good? A lot would disagree with it but you have looked the job over, considered its within your capability and quoted accordingly.

I'm surprised someone paying that much rent a month would be bothered about tarting it up out of their own pocket. Most places I've been to of that size watch their pounds and pennies and would drag out paying you too.

Well you can get a job cleaning for someone else here in Leeds for £80 a day and not have any costs ( my mate works for a guy for £100 )

but to do all that you must have invested quite a bit to have the right gear and know how so you need to price at least £200 a day and that would be reasonable

It's a lovely job Nigel

I really am aiming for this sort of thing nowadays

If it works out in 3 days you have my respect

Take some before and after pics for us to see

Next time stick to £200 a day - your worth it

If you can do a full exterior house clean that's quite a service

It all looks fairly new and clean in the photos.

As has been mentioned - your prices are your prices.

If it works out then great, if it doesn't then just think of it as training and experience for next time.

Remember - you can always renegotiate either now or going forward.

Well I would do a good job

Take the **** price on the chin and hope for a tip

Then say you recommend it repeating next year ( hopefully they will forget the amount )

Have you done a full house clean before ? I would say there's a grands worth of work and I am very reasonable at prices I do not like overcharging no matter how rich they are

I'd have quoted that for the roof.

Is it too late to own up and try to renegotiate a price or walk away?

Tony

It all looks fairly new and clean in the photos.
As has been mentioned - your prices are your prices.

If it works out then great, if it doesn't then just think of it as training and experience for next time.

Remember - you can always renegotiate either now or going forward.
The roof may look clean but he said roof is covered in algae

I done lots of roofs

You get up there and see its a lot worse close up

Chuff me your in for a tough week mate

Options -

1 really do a Shite job on roof and hope they never notice !

2 do it when it's **** weather so you would prob not be earning anything anyway

3 go back and say you have made a mistake

4 get cracking and use as experience

The roof may look clean but he said roof is covered in algaeI done lots of roofs

You get up there and see its a lot worse close up

True - was thinking more of the decking - looks brand new:)

Back