Have you ever been accused?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Tuffers, Feb 6, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I started cleaning on a new build site 6/7 months ago. The first house I got the woman had never had WFP. She moved from London and was only paying £10 for a 3 bed :rolleyes:. I quoted it a bit lower than I would have normally, but thought if I get my foot in the door on the estate more doors will open. Anyway, this woman is a right pain in the ****. She follows me round watching and gassing away and I'm just thinking why don't you go inside and STFU. Last time I cleaned there she called me inside to take a look at a scratch that had cut into the plastic on a bedroom sill. To me it looked very narrow and something that a Stanley knife would do not a blunt brush head. I was thinking a builder had used a knife to cut the cellophane off the plastic when installing. She said she would contact the builder and get their side. We left it at that. No more sills have scratches on them. I got a text from her earlier: "With regret having spoken to the builders re the scratches on the sills, they have been done since we purchased the house. I am therefore not prepared to have further dents and scratches so unless you offer a traditional cleaning service I will have to terminate our agreement."

I replied, 'Load of rubbish, that scratch has been done by something sharp ie a Stanley knife and not a blunt piece of plastic on my brush.'

Not too bothered if she replies, but she is a busy body and could go round the neighbours stirring it I feel.

Have you ever been accused of scratching sills or have you ever scratched one? I came home and purposely tried to scratch a sill with my brush. I had no luck.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

So you were hoping the builders were going to say sorry it was their fault. Not a hells chance they would when they could blame you instead :D

I've actualy seen the protective plastic being removed on new builds and most don't give a **** if they scratch the plastic frames or not.:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I'm struggling to find what I've said in my post that warrants 2x funny clicks :confused:

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

In fact I might put her onto my insurance company and see what they have to say about it.

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

There you go Tuffers have another one for good luck :D

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Seriously I would not bother to contact your insurance company unless she is insisting you pay for the damage as she can't prove you were at fault. Regardless what she thinks or has been told by the builders its utter rubbish so best to leave it at that.

7. Andy

Andy Forum Addict

tuffers iv given you a funny as you have started to collect them

8. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Update: I've contacted Gleaming and they want to see a photo of the scratch. If they can see that a knife did it, then I want an apology from Mrs Dooda ::-P:

9. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

I wouldn't worry about it Tuffers. In cases like this (I had one concerned about the brush chipping paint) I show the customer the brush & demonstrate that nothing on the brush could possibly scratch or chip your windows. Painters are the worst, they blame wfp to deflect from their poor workmanship & products! Sounds to me that even without this scratch, this particular customer would have found something else- good riddance I say!!;)

10. boarcity

boarcity Guest

never reply to a troublemaker - they love it

Advertisement