Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tds in tank lower than tds out of hose ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Alex87

Hi

Can anybody help me with this one.

I fill my tank through the hose I use in my van. I have hose from outside tap to Di vessel then to my hose into tank. When tank is full it shows 002 on tds meter.

It then goes through another Di from tank to hose in van but the tds out of brush is showing 006. Bit confused by this.

Hi
Can anybody help me with this one.

I fill my tank through the hose I use in my van. I have hose from outside tap to Di vessel then to my hose into tank. When tank is full it shows 002 on tds meter.

It then goes through another Di from tank to hose in van but the tds out of brush is showing 006. Bit confused by this.

If the tap water coming out of your di vessel is 0ppm then you will be getting contamination further down the line.

If you run the system for a while, does the tds of the water at the brush drop to that of the water in the tank? If it does then you have contamination somewhere from your tank to the brush head.

How old is the system?

How old is your tds meter? If its new is it a genuine meter from a recognised supplier? I've seen people chasing water quality issues when their tds meter has been giving duff information.

If the tap water coming out of your di vessel is 0ppm then you will be getting contamination further down the line.
If you run the system for a while, does the tds of the water at the brush drop to that of the water in the tank? If it does then you have contamination somewhere from your tank to the brush head.

How old is the system?

How old is your tds meter? If its new is it a genuine meter from a recognised supplier? I've seen people chasing water quality issues when their tds meter has been giving duff information.
Everything is brand new other than the tank which I purchased off a previous window cleaner.

The half inch hose used in the van is just used from left over but have had that for well over 5 years. Could this be the problem for contamination ?

The tds meter was purchased off eBay it's the tds3 meter.

Everything is brand new other than the tank which I purchased off a previous window cleaner.
The half inch hose used in the van is just used from left over but have had that for well over 5 years. Could this be the problem for contamination ?

The tds meter was purchased off eBay it's the tds3 meter.
Fill the 1/2" hose with water from after your di vessel and let it settle in the hose with each hose end up. After a couple of hours test the water that comes out. If the water you put in is 0 ppm and the water out is the same then the hose isn't the problem.

It could be that the tank you bought is a problem, but it should improve with time. If the previous cleaner just filled it with tap water and purified his water as he was cleaning then your pure will eventually 'clean' or sterilize your tank.

A new hose will need a little time to get rid of the contaminates used during it manufacturer. We have van ports and connect the water hose to the reel without bleeding it. It take a few minutes for the water to be pumped through the hose, so once you have flushed the overnight water out, you should be ok during the day.

Take a tds sample from the water left in your hose and then take another sample after it has been flushed through with pure from your tank. It should be lower. If it is then you will probably need to flush the hose reel first thing in the morning for a while.

We always recommend a tds meter be bought from a wfp supplier. There are lots of fake meters on ebay.

[media]

[/media]
Thanks Doug for the video.

Fill the 1/2" hose with water from after your di vessel and let it settle in the hose with each hose end up. After a couple of hours test the water that comes out. If the water you put in is 0 ppm and the water out is the same then the hose isn't the problem.
It could be that the tank you bought is a problem, but it should improve with time. If the previous cleaner just filled it with tap water and purified his water as he was cleaning then your pure will eventually 'clean' or sterilize your tank.

A new hose will need a little time to get rid of the contaminates used during it manufacturer. We have van ports and connect the water hose to the reel without bleeding it. It take a few minutes for the water to be pumped through the hose, so once you have flushed the overnight water out, you should be ok during the day.

Take a tds sample from the water left in your hose and then take another sample after it has been flushed through with pure from your tank. It should be lower. If it is then you will probably need to flush the hose reel first thing in the morning for a while.

We always recommend a tds meter be bought from a wfp supplier. There are lots of fake meters on ebay.

[media]

Just bought the meter off his site.

Also would I just be better off putting the 2 Di vessels in van after tank, rather than the way I am doing it ?

Just bought the meter off his site.
Also would I just be better off putting the 2 Di vessels in van after tank, rather than the way I am doing it ?
Your tds meter will be genuine.

I would stay with you current setup and work through it. I'm sure the tds due to hose newness will reduce in a short time.

Back