Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Duff Controller

spanish pete

Hi I have a problem with my system. When I run the system in cold mode just controller and pump its fine. If I try to run it on hot mode gas boiler using leisure battery new just for ignition of boiler. The controller shuts down showing low battery. If you run engine and battery is charging it runs fine We have run volt meter on battery and controller shuts down as soon as it hits 13ams it wont run with hot on bellow 13 amps. Any thoughts.

Hi I have a problem with my system. When I run the system in cold mode just controller and pump its fine. If I try to run it on hot mode gas boiler using leisure battery new just for ignition of boiler. The controller shuts down showing low battery. If you run engine and battery is charging it runs fine We have run volt meter on battery and controller shuts down as soon as it hits 13ams it wont run with hot on bellow 13 amps. Any thoughts.
controllers work on volts not amps.

Controllers are set to cut out at around 10.3/10.4 volts under load, so we are confused about your problem.

controllers work on volts not amps.
Controllers are set to cut out at around 10.3/10.4 volts under load, so we are confused about your problem.
Sorry about the confusion I mean going the other way if you have just charged the battery from a charger or from the alternator its at 14 volts if I put a volt meter on straight away as soon as it goes back down to 13 the controller cuts out with the low battery light on.

The battery will settle to 12.7 or 12.8 volts when left for about 4 hours and will indicate that it is fully charged. However it doesn't mean that it has any capacity.

The first thing I would do is take your controller connections off your leisure battery and put them onto your van battery to test the system. If everything works then you you have either a dud battery that is shows a voltage but has no capacity or you have a faulty connection between the leisure battery and your controller.

After checking for connections, especially at your battery (crocodile clamps are rubbish) I would focus on the battery. How old is it? If you've had it a while I would replace it and go from there.

Thanks for your reply spruce. Its the same with both batteries. That's why I went to a leisure battery with more power a 135 the van is 100. That's the mystery every thing works fine if I have the engine running ( duel charger ) or a charger is connected any thing that is giving more than 13volts Have tried 2 batteries in tandem still no good .

Thanks for your reply spruce. Its the same with both batteries. That's why I went to a leisure battery with more power a 135 the van is 100. That's the mystery every thing works fine if I have the engine running ( duel charger ) or a charger is connected any thing that is giving more than 13volts Have tried 2 batteries in tandem still no good .
In that case it sounds like a new controller is in order. It would be ideal if you could borrow one from another windie close by and try it out.

Back