Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ecover Vinegar Mix With Aroma!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

james44

Ok thought i would start a new topic on the ecover!

When i first posted on the forums about ecover for cleaning windows my original mix that i posted was ecover/vinegar mix!

Now a few have said they dont see much difference to other liquids well this could be because they are not using it as to how i posted it, they are just using ecover without the vinegar!

Now peeps have said the vinegar was to strong a smell so have just been using the ecover? hence why they are not seeing the full benefit over other liquids

Well just using ecover on its own is only have of the original mix that i posted, the vinegar makes it a very good trad cleaner along with the ecover!

So as peeps can get the full benefit of the ecover/vinegar mix without the smell of vinegar i have been using (zoflora)( link at the bottom) added to the mix this kills the vinegar smell and replaces it with a lavender aroma! (you can get different aroma`s) that is the one i use,

Now on the box it says to dilute it, we dont do this as we are not making up distinfectant! instead just add a few drops to you bucket until vinegar smell is gone and has been replaced with a lovely aroma!

This is a good mix for when you are doing inside customers homes as well as when you are finished

you leave the customers house with a soft aroma about the place!

http://www.concordextra.com/product/1588/Household/ZOFLORA+CONCENTRATED+DISINFECTANT/

Been using vinegar in mine since day 1 and to be honest the smell isn't bad, I put just enough in so I can only just smell it and vinegar as anyone knows is actually very good at deodorising and you can't smell it once it dries so not sure I'd go adding anything else but good tip for some I suppose.

Hmm, dont you have to do more detailing, how does this effect the windows.

I know am not saying this right.

But what am trying to say is, does it smear, or smear less etc

I heard it makes the windows shinier?

Which vinegar do you use white or brown?

How much do you use say for 10 litres?

I use Lemon and Aloe Vera on its own, really good, ive never ever used vinegar so am quite entriqued

It does give a little extra shine G ya just have to put in a tiny bit, about a cap full per litre does it but the smell is strong at that. 5 caps per 10 litres ought to do it with no smell at all.

white/distilled by the way.

Once you've got the amount of vinegar right you can hardly smell it, mixed with the ecover aroma it's fairly pleasant anyway (my customers have commented) and as I said deodorises very well all by itself.

Fairy, Fairy Fairy!! Ive tried ecover but I dont think I tried it with vinegar. Does it really help? Is there a big difference?

I may giv it another try with the vinegar

Fairy, Fairy Fairy!! Ive tried ecover but I dont think I tried it with vinegar. Does it really help? Is there a big difference?

I may giv it another try with the vinegar
Do what I did Marc, 2 big windows next to each other at ground level (I used a shop) that gets plenty of afternoon sun. Do it a couple of times to get rid of that fairy residue lol then do both with ecover but only one with vinegar. With my test there was a huge difference in shine/reflection.
Yes I'm a bit sad but ya don't know till ya try.

Do what I did Marc, 2 big windows next to each other at ground level (I used a shop) that gets plenty of afternoon sun. Do it a couple of times to get rid of that fairy residue lol then do both with ecover but only one with vinegar. With my test there was a huge difference in shine/reflection.

Ill give it a go tomorrow or monday, Ill let you know how I get on

That is exactly how i discovered it performed better with vinegar! you do notice the shine difference!

The gleam of the glass does stand out!

So, does this White Vinegar also work the same (shine/reflection) when using with Fairy Liquid?

What is the residue that Fairy leaves behind? I've been using Fairy and not noticed any residue left behind....or am I missing something, I am new to all this.

Where would I get this Ecover and White Vinegar?

So, does this White Vinegar also work the same (shine/reflection) when using Fairy Liquid?

What is the residue that Fairy leaves behind? I've been using Fairy and not noticed any residue left behind....or am I missing something, I am new to all this.

Where would I get this Ecover and White Vinegar?
I could be wrong here, I think its the stuff they use to make a last longer. Its has a slimy thick feel to it.

Have you ever cleaned your van with fairy? I can notice it on my van after its been cleaned.

Have you ever cleaned your van with fairy? I can notice it on my van after its been cleaned.

You should only ever use Fairy Liquid to wash your vans/cars, if you want to remove the polish/wax previously applied.

Many people use Fairy this way as part of the prep stage, before claying, polishing and waxing.

You should only ever use Fairy Liquid to wash your vans/cars, if you want to remove the polish/wax previously applied.

Many people use Fairy this way as part of the prep stage, before claying, polishing and waxing.
What about your dishes? That was its intention. Lol. I dont do all that, I just wash it jobs done

Back