Having payment problems? - Put an end to collecting 'Problem Solved'

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by JMP1973, Jul 28, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. JMP1973

JMP1973 Newcomer

#1 JMP1973, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2015
    Mot sure if you guys have the same problem as i DID, with collecting payments from customers. Oftern the customer is not in or they dont have any cash on them when out collecting so you make several tips to your clients house before getting paid.

WELL - i now use an online payment system that all my customers are now registered on, ALL new customers of ours must register for our online payment facility or we dont do their house!

Heres the link for your very own online payment facility: https://gocardless.com

Click on the above link and have a look / register and you can collect bulk payments all in one click of a button, so all the houses youve cleaned this week you get paid asap. simple

hope this helps your all out
    Pure Clean UK Ltd

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Advertisement
  2. Green Pro Clean Ltd

By ASAP you mean about a month after the job is done. It is a good system and several of my customers use it but it does take a fair while to payout.

If you want faster payments use PayPal Comssion is higher but same day money.

3. Njones

Njones Well-Known Member
    Supplier

Gocardless should be 3-5 days,.. its the fastest direct debit system available & is only held up by the banks own processing delays....

4. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Nothing to do with banks processing delays.

When you set up a gocardless customer for regular payments GoCardless decide the date each month the customer pays, not you. So a customer you clean on the first of the month may well not get charged till the 20th of the month THEN it's 3-5 days before you might get a payout.

As I have said, for larger operators that don't need all their cash in at once it is a good option but it is far from as fast as you make it sound.

5. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

Thats not how GoCardless works for me Green once setup I call for the payment once I get in that evening and the process starts, the payout it approx 5 working days from when you action the payment. If I did joe bloggs windows a week later than last time payment times would be the same, approx 5 days after I action the payment.

6. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Perhaps when you don't have them set on plans Trev. All of ours are set on plans so we don't have to mess about with admin on a daily basis and when on plans, GoCardless decides the payment dates.

Is fine for me as I am large enough I do not need to chase it all in that day or even that week so it is quite nice at the end of the month to have a lump payout.

If I had to go on it daily to request payments that would do my nut in.

7. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

Yes plans would pay out the same date each month I guess like a standing order set for a certain day. I'm quite recent into the game so no where near busy enough yet so for the few that are on GoCardless there just set up so I can call for it once I have been.

8. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I will also say that of all customers that say they will set it up perhaps 50% actually bother. The rest you are still chasing for money. That's why the Paypal system is good as you get paid right there and then on day.

9. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

yeh i just do it at the end of the day, but i might only have 1 or 2 to do, still takes over 7 days for payment to reach bank account though

10. JMP1973

JMP1973 Newcomer

We manually process our payment - we don't put anyone on a monthly plan.
    We only charge to customer after we have done their windows, usually we process all the current weeks work on that Friday night.

Its easy and fast payment - chargers are minimal and it only takes a few days before you receive your money - FAR CHEAPER THAN COLLECTING.

Advertisement