Having problems with my pump and controller set up

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by colinvansmith, Jun 8, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Hi,

Recently I install di system with shurflo 100psi pump and controller from pure freedom im having problems with the set up and am not sure what certain codes my controller is displaying mean and how to fix it.

I ran through the auto cal as instructed but now for some reason its displaying 'de' for dead end what is this and what is causing it and how do i calibrate it properly. also do i have to fit an extra switch to break the circuit when not in use, i had one fitted but decided to take it out as i didn't think i needed it as the pump i thought can be turned off using the controller but when i done this and came out this morning the battery was completly dead any help much appreciated.

Col.

Advertisement
  2. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Hi Col.

tackling the easy bit first -Your controller should have 3 buttons -up, down, and enter. If you hold the enter button in for a few seconds it will turn the whole system off
    no battery loss.

With regard to the DE, it may be that you need to re calibrate with the full hose and pole connected -fully extended. What is happening is it is taking too much effort for the pump to get the water through, so the pump controller thinks it has a dead end. If auto calibration doesn't work, manually set it to the highest setting.

This should sort it, but let is know if it doesn't, as there are a few other things it could be

Dave

3. coolio tried it, it seems to be working now many thanks,

would i be right in thinking that for example when i move from one window to another if i have an aqua adapter and turn the water off between windows will that not cause a dead end and the pump to switch off due to the build up in back pressure, or will the pump automatically come back on once the water is running again?

col :)

4. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Yes aqua-dapter will show up as DE, and turn pump off, but when pull aquadapter to turn on, the controller will sense it and turn pump back on -although there may be a delay of a second or 2.

5. nice one thanks mate

col:)

Advertisement