Hay new start

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Ryan, Jul 21, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Ryan

Ryan Guest

Hay guys
    any room for a welsh boy on here lol :]
    anyway bit about me

working part time atm 20-30hrs a week looking to start up a small business
    doing window cleaning and grass cutting mainly

iv got the grass cutting equipment together as i have a big back and mass of grass so thats sorted.

window cleaning
    i'm going to be doing some flyers this weekend and handing them out say Monday Tuesday and weds next week and see if i can get some customers

do people think flyers thro letter box is good idea ? does it work ?

thanks

Advertisement
  2. kars

kars Guest

Hiya. good luck with your venture hope it all works out for you. Wish i could be of more help but ive not had to start canvasing yet (my day is coming!) there is some threads on here already covering that though if you have a look. Your bound to find some more helpfull stuff as well as all these guys rack up a fearfull amount of knowledge between them. I say fill your boots with whats on here. Hope to here how you are getting on in the future. :)

3. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Welcome to the forum. Flyers do help a little but many on here will say the best way to drum up business is to go knocking on doors.

4. A.K WINDOWS

hi mate ive just set up on my own as a gardener/window cleaner im a landscaper i do more or less everything fences decking,grass the lot but wanted to have the window side of things for when work goes quiet in the winter months i dont plan on working for anyone ever again as i have a real pproblem with people telling me what to lol.

i had cards made for garden side and flyers for the windows,garden side has been great.

now the windows i whent knocking on doors smart and polite and got nowere with it people round here dont like you knocking on doors so i had flyers made have got realy far but some call came in only 3 or 4 out of nearly 500 flyers but found this a better way rather than anoying people(so it semmed lol)

i set my web site up on cards as well so people can email me and have a look too.

ill just keep on putting flyers out thing is its anoying as out of all the 100s of flyers each house that rang is in total different areas:(so driving from one place to another using deisel.not good hopefully people in the street mite see me and then ill get abit more graft:)

5. aphcleaning

aphcleaning Guest

[hr]
    when i first started i found that flyers did not work, you cannot beat knocking on doors and speaking to people face to face

6. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Spoke to a marketing guy a while back - and he said that the most successful leaflet campaigns hit the same area several times.

Working on the idea that the first one goes straight in the bin, the second one they read - and then bin, third one get's results

Tried this - and it works.

dave

7. nearlyclean

Supplier

I done the leaflet thing several times and as Dave says the first run you only get a couple of calls at most then the second time round you get a few more and third is when you get real results like seeding a lawn

Advertisement