Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

150gpd Upgrade

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paulben

Just brought a 150 gpd upgrade from RO-Man but no instructions question is :

do you fit the flow restrictor on waste of first or second membrane and  does pressure gauge measure pressure going into first membrane or do you measure pressure entering second membrane

if anyone has a pic that would be great

I can definitely answer the question with a pic as i built my own ro and understand them

Just need to know what I'm working with

The 2 waste pipes need to be connected together then the restrictor and flush valve

The 1 input from the pre filters also needs to be split to feed both membranes 

I'm not sure but from memory i am sure ro man have the membranes in series which is no good they need to be in parralel to work efficiently

The pressure gauge needs to be before both membranes 

This is just from memory of ro man though so @spruce may know different

Definitely needs to be in parralel though

Last edited by a moderator:
I can definitely answer the question with a pic as i built my own ro and understand them

Just need to know what I'm working with

The 2 waste pipes need to be connected together then the restrictor and flush valve

The 1 input from the pre filters also needs to be split to feed both membranes 

I'm not sure but from memory i am sure ro man have the membranes in series which is no good they need to be in parralel to work efficiently

The pressure gauge needs to be before both membranes 

This is just from memory of ro man though so @spruce may know different

Definitely needs to be in parralel though

Your right @Dave B. Need to run them parallel so those both do the same amount of work.

Got an email from ro/man says flow restrictor needs to be on last membrane in the series and should have sent a flow chart but when I tried opening attatchment only got pic of upgrade parts big help .

Your way sounds better as both membranes are working on fresh water and not water that's been dumped by first membrane Thanks for your help .

Got an email from ro/man says flow restrictor needs to be on last membrane in the series and should have sent a flow chart but when I tried opening attatchment only got pic of upgrade parts big help .

Your way sounds better as both membranes are working on fresh water and not water that's been dumped by first membrane Thanks for your help .
You may need to buy a couple more 1/4" JG t pieces.

You may need to buy a couple more 1/4" JG t pieces.
If you will only have the 2 membranes then 2 x 1/4" t pieces or y pieces which i personally prefer for no other reason than i like the look better is all you need to connect them in parralel 

Latest Posts

Back