Health

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by norm, Sep 16, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. norm

norm Grand Master

Hi to my w.f.p. brothers and sisters. I clean trad so this is genuine question.

Does using the pole for cleaning cause neck/back/ shoulder problems? Not talking about aches and stuff but stuff that affects your day to day life.
    Having a neck/back problem myself which is ok one min and can change the next to bad I try and prevent this happening.

Does using pole day in day out allow your body to adapt to it and muscles strengthen or can it have a negative affect?
    i am 49 so maybe older members who have used w.f.p. longer would have experience of this because in my teens early twenties nothing bothered me and injury/pain recovery fast and not recurring . Not anymore but hey thats life

cheers

Advertisement
  2. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

it will adapt, but you need the best stuff to make it easier, and to be taught to stand properly

3. Eclipse

Eclipse Well-Known Member

It doesn't affect me but I make sure I'm positioned correctly and have the right length pole for the job, nothing worse than looking vertically whilst you've got the pole at full tilt because it's not the right pole.

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Like any manual job you need to work as smart as you can to try and avoid repetitive strain injury.

Wfp work can take its toll on your body and some even use a neck support to take the weight off their head instead of stressing neck and shoulder muscles when looking up for long periods of time.

/www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqPXXoAtJXY

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

7. norm

norm Grand Master

Thanks for the replys. Proper length of w.f.p and good technique has prevented major probs for you guys Bluemonkey and Eclipse and can help not aggravate any probs already have. Its good that is the case and proper use of w.f.p. does not affect health in a negative way.
    With my neck/back probs I am not sure if damage is already done to prevent me using w.f.p.as an option for business.
    Thats interesting bit of kit Smurf could help staying healthy on the job

Smurf that looks a good bit of kit and a good review please let me know how it goes with necpotech if you use it mate

cheers guys

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

will do norm as I intend to use it for every job I do from now on :Image9:

9. norm

norm Grand Master

Cheers hope it does the business

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

me too or it will be back on fleebay :Image3:

Advertisement