Heavy water marks

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Danfire, Aug 19, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Danfire

Danfire Well-Known Member

Been asked by my station manager if I was willing to clean the windows of my fire station which I'm happy to do. A few of the windows are close to where the trucks get washed and are almost white with water marks where they get sprayed every day, what can I use to help with the first clean? Thanks all.

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

There are many types of hard water glass clearers out there. Sounds to me whatever you try to use is going to be a pig to remove.

Probably an acid based glass clearer would work better than a paste type cleaner in that situation something like Winsol CRYSTAL CLEAR 550

3. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

smurfy i,m impressed

4. TolishAPurd

Add a load of vinegar into the mix, I use it on shower doors and it works a treat, its an acid afterall, but I've had occasions where its not worked. Maybe a fine grade of wire wool could be good for agitating it.

Advertisement