Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mwwindowcleaning

I think I've perfected the way to clean windows with a water fed pole and my new grafter plus pole helps with this , but the first clean is so time consuming when making the change from trad. I wash frames and window on tops. And then do same on bottom to leave the tops to drip dry then go back to the tops for a quick scrub and rinse and same on bottoms. It's all a bit tedious using this technique. Is there a faster way to do 1st cleans as u Can't really charge more for the 1st clean as ur the one initiating the change. Any help much appreciated.

As you have been cleaning the windows before using trad they should not be that dirty but if it is ones you have not cleaned before i would turn flow rate up and scrub quickly the answer is loads of water rinse scrub rinse scrub rinse rinse they should come up a dream

Thanks for your reply.

Jus a few questions if u don't mind answering them

1. What flow rate do use daily?

2. How ,uh water do use in a day normally?

3. How long would it take you to clean a 3 bed semi, say bout 15 quids worth on a 1st clean?

I reckon u wouldn't want to spend more than 30mins on it. Jus for 1st clean.

4hrs? Was it a green house? Lol

Thanks for your reply.

Jus a few questions if u don't mind answering them

1. What flow rate do use daily?

2. How ,uh water do use in a day normally?

3. How long would it take you to clean a 3 bed semi, say bout 15 quids worth on a 1st clean?

I reckon u wouldn't want to spend more than 30mins on it. Jus for 1st clean.

on a varistream i use setting no 4

on a hydroflo 40

400 lt tank last me i have a aquadapter thats a lot of water a day

30 minutes 1 st clean is about right

hope that helps

A few years ago the common response to tell customers when changing over to water fed pole from trad was basically, 'It may be a bit spotty the first couple of cleans but after that it'll be great!'. I always thought it is not really acceptable to expect paying customers to just put up with it.

To get it right the first time you need to scrub, scrub and scrub again then rinse off well. Nines times out of ten if you do this right they should dry spotless.

Very helpful thanx.

I was also thinking about jus doing 1st clean on tops wfp and cleaning bottom traditional for a few months and then clean bottoms wfp so it doesn't take as long plus customers can see that pure water does just as good a job if not better. Personally I think pure water is better once 1st few cleans are out the way. 100% no chance if streaks.

Just about, its a large house with 21 windows and 2 doors but its a £30 job. All my first cleans take forever, but I think its the most important. What I do is clean the frame and give the sill a quick scrub, then sSwear word!e the whole window with a 5" sSwear word!er, wash the window then give it a long rinse. After I'm done I'll pack up the van then go round the sills with a cloth just in case there's any loose bits from the water that's run off.

Just done my first lot of second cleans yesterday and it was mint, done a pub that took 2hrs for the first clean, took 40 Min's for the second.

Just about, its a large house with 21 windows and 2 doors but its a £30 job. All my first cleans take forever, but I think its the most important. What I do is clean the frame and give the sill a quick scrub, then sSwear word!e the whole window with a 5" sSwear word!er, wash the window then give it a long rinse. After I'm done I'll pack up the van then go round the sills with a cloth just in case there's any loose bits from the water that's run off.

Just done my first lot of second cleans yesterday and it was mint, done a pub that took 2hrs for the first clean, took 40 Min's for the second.
Perfect example. First time cleaning needs to be seen as an investment, spend a bit of time getting the job done right, it will pay dividends. Subsequent cleans will be a breeze.

Doesn’t matter what amount of time you spend on the first clean, as long as you get paid for it.

Richard

Doesn’t matter what amount of time you spend on the first clean, as long as you get paid for it.

Richard
That may be true, but if you want to keep your customers its worth putting in the right amount of time to do the job properly, yes I could of done the job in 30 mins and took the money but I would not be happy knowing I could have done a better job.

On first cleans if there really grubby I squirt a bit of fairy on the brush and scrub the whole window then rinse I do the whole house like this then rinse the brush out and do the windows like a normal clean. Get good results and easy on the second clean. When i changed from trad to wfp the month before I reduced the amount of soap I used and went round wiping the frames with a clothe to prepare for wfp.

That's excellent advice nearly clean. Someone said about cleaning with gg4 and rinsing. I used to use gg4 but currently use squeegee off. Can't beat the glide.

what do you sSwear word!e the window for mate & if your wfp do you do 1st cleans with a ladder ?? or have i read it all wrong

what do you sSwear word!e the window for mate & if your wfp do you do 1st cleans with a ladder ?? or have i read it all wrong
I sSwear word!e the window because most if not all have spots of paint/render/varish on.

Only use a ladder for access if needed.

I use an expandable pole with the sSwear word!er on the end, I really believe its worth doing, I've had quite a few tips from first cleans, one lady gave me a £10 tip on Thursday last week /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back