Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How I Sorted My Shurflo Pump Out

WCF

Help Support WCF:

fuse makes no difference mate. its either blown or its not blown. air lock mate. try removing all the air until you cant see no air bubbles in your hose at all and I mean none. also kinked hose maybe/. but from experience id say air lock all the way plus I had the same setup as you .

I very much doubt it could be the battery as if you turn up the flow the battery would die even quicker whereas the flow starts to increase.

Must be air or someting in the pump

Tell you what buddy. fill up a drum with hot water then pump the water out the hose. put your hose in the same drum and let the water circulate. you can just leave it to circulate as your taking from the drum and going back in the same drum. try that. also add a small amount of detergent.

I put my pump below my water tank and poured boiling water over the pump n now uts running good again ! /emoticons/smile.png

last week when it started snowing i woke up 1 morning and my pump would pump no water so i opened it and their was no ice then it started working like 20 mins later... and whilst working i gathered that the pump wouldnt pump water through unless i put it up to 99 ! so i was working all day adjusting the flow with my tap and i was still using a lot of water and it was annoying going back and forward to the van all the time cos of the pump

so the next day the same happened

the day after i got a boiling kettle and poured it over the pump and then i moved my pump from above the tank down so its in the middle kind of... and it started working and the day i worked i had no problem what so ever /emoticons/smile.png

Back