Hello every1+ abit of info

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Paul, Feb 18, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Paul

Paul Guest

Hello everybody,

I'm new on here and I've been looking around the forum and everybody seems vert helpful and full of info.

I've been working for a pretty large window cleaning business ( in my area) for a while, I'm fed up of seeing them making money and me sSwear word!ing by so I've decided to go it alone but am really looking into it first, it is what I really want to do as I really enjoy being out and about and meeting people bit I want everything to be rite first time because I want it to work for me. I'm not a you boy im 31 years old served 15 years in the army and married with 5 children so I'm counting on this working my family.

Has anybody got any pointers on what to do first as I havnt really got a stack of money to pile into it so I'm starting off at the bottom, but at the same time don't want to look like a little scally just trying to make a few quid for a ***ht on the drink.

Looking forward to all tour words of wisdom :)

Advertisement
  2. Iain

Iain Guru

Ahoy! And welcome to the forum

3. laddergarder

Hi Paul, and welcome to the forum.

There are many paths you could take and still do very well for yourself, but really as long as you work hard, give it all you've got, do a good job, and have a little business sense, you will do well.

As you start to come across things that you are not sure about, post up a thread, and we will all be happy to help if we can, and I am sure with your experience, you can offer plenty of help to other members as well. So again welcome buddy.

4. neil_09

neil_09 Guest

Theres plenty of low cost things to do.

Get a ladder (free ads)
    And sqeegy etc( to do the job)
    Get a t- shirt/jumper (couple of quid to a printing company and get them labled up in ur company name) look a pro.
    Get a printer ( tesco £50)
    Knock up some leaflets. ( or if you can wait for postage VISTA PRINT. Get the free business cards/postcards. Pay the extra to have FREE AT VISTA PRINT taken off the back.

Set an area in mine and start walkin knockin on every door. If there not in put a leaflet.
    If you need a leaflet i will email you mine and you can change the details to yourself.

Welcome to being self employed, i have alot of friends in the forces and big respect to anyone whos bin in.

5. James

James Guru

Welcome to the forums buddy!

James.

6. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Welcome to the forum buddy

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

7. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Hi Paul - it's a big step, but with hard work you wont look back