hello everybody

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by sweetercleanz, Mar 7, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Hi my name is Dan and I have just opened sweeter cleanz we do window cleaning and gutter vacuuming. Although I have handed out 100's of flyers and sign the van I am struggling to gain customers. pls help thanks

Advertisement
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

It is hard I have been going for about 9 months now and still very slow partly because winter hit hard and partly family commitments on my part. Things take time just stick at it and keep aiming for the future.

3. nearlyclean

Supplier

Its takes about two or three years to get established and loads of leaflets,door knocking and free ads on internet and a load of luck.
    quickest way is to canvass

4. i had a property clearance company before hand and mainly dealt with business so never had to knock doors and i lose the confidence when it comes to this as i dont really know how to approach the customer? any tips on that? cheers fellow cleaning monkeys :)

5. nearlyclean

Supplier

Have a look on window cleaner coach he has loads of advice.
    I just ask do they need a window cleaner,wait for response and if NO politely say good bye and if YES offer them a quote.Canvassing is a numbers game some do a leaflet drop and go back a couple a days later to knock on

6. check out the thread great marketing thenique in the general chat section

7. ccng

ccng Guest

Hello Dan, you are welcome to the greatest money making forum ever,you dont need to struggle getting customer,study your compe***ors gimmicks and come out with an enhance and detailed service with cheaper charges to gain recognition. Good luck bro

8. Windowwhiz

Windowwhiz Guest

Hello Dan.
    Just keep at it and you'll get there. It took me 9 months to build up a £2400 p/month round. That was canvassing nearly non stop 2-3 evenings a week for at least 5-6 months so it is a hard graft. I agree with nearly clean, going at a normal rate your looking at a year and a half to two years to be up to full speed. You may be fortunate enough to stumble across an area where a window cleaner is retiring or maybe an area that hates there window cleaner and pull in a load in one hit. One recommendation; don't just go to the most desirable areas to get work ie the 4 bedroom detached houses with electric gates!!! Or large estates. Go down the little back lanes and houses tucked out the way and you'll find the work.
    Just don't lose heart
    All the best :)

9. SafeReach

SafeReach Guest

Hi there sweetercleanze.
    I was looking into gutter vacuuming, how are you finding it. What vacuums system do you have? I was looking at spending nearly £700 on a complete set up on eBay.
    Cheers
    Safe Jon

10. Safereach
    yeah finding it ok generally i had a three storey block the other day that the vacuum would not touch so had to get a cherry picker in and found that the muck was very very very condense and tight, but apart from that its been ok really.. which item are you looking at on Ebay ? have you got the item number?

Dan

Advertisement