Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Terraced houses

WCF

Help Support WCF:

MikeL

Hi. I've been doing WFP on the fronts of some terraced houses I do for a couple of years but still doing the backs trad. Most back gates are locked so I need to climb over the walls. Anybody got any experience in WFP the backs of houses like this? Alley gates too! /emoticons/sad.png Thank for your help :thumbsup:

Im not climbing walls and gates etc

1 - i might hurt myself

2 - insurance won't cover damage made by you

3 - it takes much longer. Is rather do another front in that time and earn double what i would of for the back of the other.

4 - i dont want to damage my equipment lugging it over fences and walls.

I would do for example £15 whole house £10 front. I reckon you spot on.
yeah most will open the gates once they know theres a charge just for fronts just txt night before and let them know how it rolls

I used to climb over walls, gates and fences to gain access when gates were left locked or bolted. But after many years of doing that and having had a few mishaps that resulted in minor injury or damage to property and a mate of mine suffering a very nasty injury whilst climbing over a wall that collapsed, I decided that was enough for me.

Now most bolted gates don't pose a problem as I have a way round them that I won't post on here as it's a public forum. Locked gates, I obtain a key if possible or call ahead to get the gate unlocked before I call. If the customer starts using my call to fob me off I stop calling and just do the front for about 60% of full price.

I only do terrace houses in my area (with the odd exception) I only quote for the front and I say if you are in and you want them done the price is the same (10 front 10 back so 20) a few make sure there in but I found it was not worth while sometimes organising for people to be in as they would try and give an hour slot on a day I was not cleaning that Rd etc so this is the best way I find, I use a backpack to go through as well.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

It amazes me how many still leave gates unlocked considering the number of burglaries there are in the areas I work.
If they want to get in they will kick the gate open anyway. It won't stop them, it will just cause you more hassle having to fix it afterwards.

We have an A frame step ladder and can get over 95% of our customer's locked gates. We have a photo of the ladder straddling each gate we use it on and taken at an angle so they can see its their gate.

It surprises me how many people think they have Fort Knox security just because they have a padlocked side gate.

I'm slowly doing away with terraced. Dont like doing the majority of them although some are ok a lot depends on parking and access. Those horrible little streets full of cars and awkward back access I do front only but I do have a few where access is really easy so it depends.

A frame ladders.

If it's padlocked then it's a case of feeding hosepipe over on top of ladders.

Just a side note: there are a lot of terraced house here that are 3 storey and you have to go downstairs to access the back garden e.g. side access doesn't exist. I get the back pack out for these (obviously customer would need to be in for these cleans)

Bit of a faff carrying it through, making sure their in etc.....but it works and always priced on how much time it takes.

There's quite a few houses I'll wfp front and traditional the back , I don't see it a big deal. If I'm not doing it someone else will

95% of my window cleaning clients are terraced houses.

They're great, no messing about, no climbing gates, fences, draping hoses etc (I'm traditional but the principal applies)

Just straight down the road no deviating, no time wasting.

Sent from my CUBOT DINOSAUR using Tapatalk

I'm slowly doing away with terraced. Dont like doing the majority of them although some are ok a lot depends on parking and access. Those horrible little streets full of cars and awkward back access I do front only but I do have a few where access is really easy so it depends.
I would love rows of terrace houses. My mate works in brighouse he does streets of them at £5 each it's like the promised land of window cleaning they take minutes to clean.

Back