Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Washing your scrims...........

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tommy Zoom

Hello everyone,

This may seem like a silly question, but what kind of wash is best to break in your new scrims? what temp etc.

Thanks

hi pal, mine have been getting lint everywhere later and after my post on the facebook page i got advice to put it on a very hot wash with no soap softener etc which i did, then let it dry out naturally and then proceeded to rough it up and i used them today and they where the best they'd been!

To break in new scrims they need boiling but don't pee your missus off by using her best pot for cooking in:D

To break in new scrims they need boiling but don't pee your missus off by using her best pot for cooking in:D
Agreed. ...the last thing you want is for that pot to ruin those beautiful scrims. /emoticons/biggrin.png

I've just brought some new scrims in past few weeks, and like all my scrims I wash them at 60 C, but I use washing powder to get rid of all the dirt/black marks etc. Works for me.

Must admit, when detailing I try not to get too much excess scrim on window. (avoids lint on windows). I tend to flick scrim round my hand so only the scrim on my finger touches window when detailing. Does that make sense?

Back