Hello from newbie and a few questions....

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by trickydicky, Jan 13, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. trickydicky

trickydicky Member

I just want to say Hi from snowy Scotland and im enjoying the forum as i have been lurking for a few days reading a lot of old posts.

I currently have a pressure washing/coatings company and i also do a bit of gutter cleaning and fascia/sofitt cleaning by hand/ladder .
    I am away to purchase a water fed pole system for cleaning the conservatories and fascia but will be doing a DIY as i have a pump in a box from my softwash outfit for cleaning roofs and was hoping to adapt that .

I have decided on a gardiner slx25 as my pole as i am also going to be using the pole as a delivery system for spraying the roofs on my softwash as the gun only shoots so far and i believe i can add to make this 35ft if needed.
    I am wanting to build a trolley system that will allow me to switch from tap water for cleaning to R/O Water for rinsing quickly and could do with a helping hand as im not sure of the best way to approach this. I am intending bringing RO water on site rather than using resin.
    I am also wanting to incorporate the unger hiflo in line chemical mixer for my detergent and not sure where this would go in the system .
    I am using a delevan fat boy pump on my softwash and its a 60psi and around 20lpm which i know is a lot more than the pumps that you use. Will the flow controller allow me to turn this pump down to a level thats suitable for the type of work im looking to do?
    Which brush should i be looking at and will it be better with fan jets bearing in mind im only wanting it for cons/fascia cleaning?
    Do you notice much difference on the upvc fascia between cleaning with pure water as opposed to tap water and with it being high up am i just as well using the tap water( which is very soft) or better with the RO water?
    I think i better keep the hot box questions for another post!!
    Cheers

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Welcome trickydicky. You are in Scotland, I think that the TDS is very low there, so you might be able to use a DI set up only. Buy a TDS meter to check your tap water. If you get an SLX-25, buy a white sill brush with the wide fan jets fitted for fascias etc.

3. trickydicky

trickydicky Member

Thanks Tuffers...PPM is approx 140 out the tap....

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

That's the highest I've heard from Scotland. doug atkinson is up there, posts on here and has this website http://www.daqua.co.uk. He should be able to sort an RO setup for you.

5. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

6. cheapncheerful

7. stuvy

stuvy Well-Known Member

Tricky what coatings do you offer mate?

I'm about to start a pressure washing venture of my own any hints or tips would be great fully received

8. trickydicky

trickydicky Member

Cheers cheapncheerful...Stuvy pm sent...

9. stuvy

stuvy Well-Known Member

and replied mate thanks again ;-)

Advertisement