Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many a day

WCF

Help Support WCF:

As am starting up ideally I would like to get at least 10 a day at £5 each, (5 days a week) I know I can do more but that will be my first goal! =)

gmeister...5 pound ? where do u live... am up north east and its 7/8 pound average here

Thats the going rate here too, but am trying to start up and my moto is..

"Traditional window cleaning at traditional prices!"

=)

Well, thats my first goal, like I said, I will and can do more then that

it works out at £50 a day, which is quite a lot for someone like me whos never had a full time permanant job, iv had a job where I worked full time for a month, then other jobs where I was part time so I am happy to start with £50 then i would be earning more eventually.

I gotta do something as I cant stand being on jobseekers where I only get £50 a week....

A bit of a slap in the face don't you think?

At least am trying rather then being on the dole all my life

I have round that's spread about n I average about 22 on my own n about 34 when I use a 2 man team averaging 8/9 pound a house

good on you mate, nowt wrong with £50 a day plenty of ppl i kmow on that or less & you are self employed so you get to keep more of it than factory boys but if the going rate is £7/8 you should charge at least £7 & offer a better job

it works out at £50 a day, which is quite a lot for someone like me whos never had a full time permanant job, iv had a job where I worked full time for a month, then other jobs where I was part time so I am happy to start with £50 then i would be earning more eventually.

I gotta do something as I cant stand being on jobseekers where I only get £50 a week....

You sound like a man who is going to do well ,Well done mate keep going

50 a day is a nice little target but dont undervalue yourself youll regret it in a few months time when youve got a bit more work that your charging 7 quid for then cleaning the others for 5. also buy the time youve paid tax, national insurance, public liability insurance maintenance cost eg replacing scrims rubbers chemicals and if your going to be using a vehicle aswell the cost of insurance and petrol that 250 a week is soon 180 -200, and thats not taking into account the few customers you get that dont pay or mess you about which you will get especially in the first few months of starting up. just charge the same as the other window cleaners and as long as you do a good job youll be fine plus them 10 a day gives you 70 quid rather than 50 which is a 100 a week more. and well done for getting out and giving it ago its not easy but stick at it and youll do ok

A load of people have misunderstood you here, which I hope doesn't give you any negatives.

I went totally independent last year, no partner in the business and no extra work for other companies as it was getting me down, and I went from a lowest average wage of well over a grand one month to HIGHEST of 600 the next.

Change huh?

I had a goal to go to 5 £50 days at that point, as 150 a week felt pitiful.

You keep that goal pal, you keep it right infront of you and push soo hard to get it, and once you have the joy you get will push you to your next, and next.

Keep at it pal.

Everyone has to start somewhere. £50 a day is better than £50 a week on benefits. When I started off I was only getting £80 a fort***ht and I done that for a few months until I built the run up. You will get there if you stick at it.

You should ask the dole about a loan or help trying to get yourself set up, ask about free business start up courses

Good luck

i havent miss understood him i know what his saying just dont think you should charge 5 when everyone else is charging 7 it might get you a few more custies but itl will be bad ones the tight arses that dont wanna pay, charge the same as the rest and just do that bit extra and a better job and youll soon get them cuing up for you

Try charging £1.00 for the average sized window and £2.00 for a bay or large patio door window, it works for me never any quibbling from the customers and the price comes in at between £8.00 and £9.00 per average sized house.

Back