Hello from the North

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by MJLwindowcleaning, Apr 14, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. MJLwindowcleaning

Hello everyone,

What a great site this is, the amount of info is amazing.

So a bit about me, i am 31 and new to all this window cleaning malarkey, i've been self employed for a number of years doing loads of things.
    I have fell into window cleaning by accident, my sister not being able to fine one so i thought if she couldn't then other people would be in the same boat. (she lives in the Scottish borders)

I live in Newcastle upon Tyne.

So two weeks ago i thought i would go out and canvas a street and see what response i got, 3 hours later i had 18 houses from £5 for just front windows (3 doubles) to £20 for a full house with leaded windows on the front.

I done a 2nd street a few days later and picked up 8 more.

I done all the first cleans 4 weeks ago now, took ages! I done the first matinance clean this week and it was so much quicker, id say about 2 or 3 times faster, its working out at about £20/25 an hour.

Im just in the process of doing a website and business cards.

Its all done Trad, but thinking of going WFP as when i was doing one house a guy pulled up across the street done the same size house and was away in 8-10 mins, took me 35-40 mins.

Thank for reading and look forward to chatting to you all.

Mark

Advertisement
  2. dasslr1

dasslr1 94 to go

3. TolishAPurd

Great start.:thumbsup: Stay trad for a while though imo, build up a bit of a round, and get some skills before making the switch.

4. chris clean

chris clean Active Member

Welcome mate and nice one on getting up and running sounds like a flying start! I am in early stages of my set up too and although there are lots of Windies about here i am getting the same responses. No ones knocked doors here for years and the one I use doesn't turn up regularly. Hope it goes well

5. Markyboy 50

He prob had to go home to get more water mate. He will be back to finish it off later:D

6. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

Y I canny man. Howdie :thumbsup:

7. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

Welcome mate, sounds like you have hit a good spot from just a couple of streets..

Keep building and defo go WFP, far faster & safer, you will be upping that hourly rate in no time, along with impressing your custys with gleaming frames, doors & glass.

Advertisement