hello...in need of some advice on di vessels

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Jimmy Gleam, Apr 14, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Jimmy Gleam

Jimmy Gleam Newcomer

hi there,just joined here

Been trad window cleaning for about 3 yrs and recently decided to change to WFP, invested in a trolley system,have water containers , 5l of mixed bed resin and TDS meter.
    i was under the impression it would be as simple as mixing resin with tap water and away you go lol

i was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to give me some advice on the water purifing process??
    as i say i have 5l of mixed bed resin to be going on with,does it mater what size di vessel you have can you half fill them with resin and get results?? i have tested a cup of water and my TDS reading says its 86 ppm i understand this is low enough to not require a RO unit is that right?? would i be best buying a small di vessel to get going?...any advice would be welcome as i've taken on a few extra customers and i'm hoping to keep them going and not lose them.....thanks guys.

Advertisement
  2. Jimmy Gleam

Jimmy Gleam Newcomer

was also wandering if anyone had any good links to di vessels....anyone know how many litres you could produce from a 5l bag of resin roughly?

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Hi Jimmy Gleam, you'll need an 11L vessel at least I'd say. You will be better off buying a 25L bag of Tulsion MB-115 resin. There is a guy on eBay from Banbury or Brackley, who sells re-conditioned vessels. When you start making a lot of pure you will probably need to buy a second vessel to run the water through to save your resin. Hope I've answered some of your questions.

4. Jimmy Gleam

Jimmy Gleam Newcomer

thanks mate i'll have a look on ebay.

5. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

you need to fill the vessel up with resin, i too tried a 5l bag when i started ended up having to buy a 25l sack

6. simon

simon Guru

you really need to start with 2 11 ltr di vessels if you can, deff get reconditioned & this funnel is brilliant - http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/di-funnel.html.
    my tap tds is 36 ppm i use 2 vessels & i dont even know how much resin i use its that little

7. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

yes get a funnel, i use my mothers kitchen spatula and it takes ages plus she always has a go about me using that spatula, she actually bought a new spatula because i kept using the old one, well last time i went to her houise to fill up i could only find new one and used it, only went and lost it, received a text later that day "DO NOT USE MY STUFF DOWN THE CELLAR!" lol. she went mad

but i digress

8. Jimmy Gleam

Jimmy Gleam Newcomer

cheers guys, if i'm buying an empty di vesseldo they usually come with everything needed other than the resin? like the fittings and pump things also how long does it usually take to produce the pure water is it a instant thing or would you have to prepare the day before kinda thing??

9. Jimmy Gleam

Jimmy Gleam Newcomer

i'm looking to spend around £50-£60 on a di vessel and get away with using my 5l bag of resin before buying a bigger bag...would this work or am i better buying a filled vessel with resin and saving the resin i've got for later? wondering if i might be making a mistake in trying to get started as soon as possible.

10. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

A 5 litre bag will fill a 5 litre vesseletc
    So if you get a 11 litre vessel buy a 25l bag and you will get 2 fills with a little left over
    As mentioned get 2 vessels eventually and You will get more out of your resin

Advertisement