Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Do You Determine Upper Windows Are Truly Clean?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

S

Stan mckinnon

When using wfp how do you know the windows are truly getting cleaned on the upper levels. How do you check for the small specks, etc.

1.Gather all of your tools and supplies

2.Remove sliding windows if necessary to clean

3.Fill a bucket or dishpan with warm water and add a small amount of the detergent of your choice.

4.Remove any windscreens that are hanging against the windows

5.Remove any cobwebs you might see with an old broom or old cloth

6.Remove any excess dirt or dust from the outside windows with a garden hose.

7Clean the window frames thoroughly with a soaked sponge.

8.Soak your sponge in the bucket filled with water and you can start cleaning your windows following one of these methods

9.Dry the window frames

if you have scrubbed and rinsed the window well then pure water will not leave marks so there is no need to check window

use a hot water system, if it melts off dried bird muck small specs are also easy.

I first clean windows with use of ladder after that i know the system will do all it needs to.

I use binoculars, I've got used to the pervert comments now :blink:

The smaller marks, deffo an element of luck involved, even after plenty of scrubbing.

Hot water I agree must soften up muck quicker, so stand a better chance of shifting the stubborn stuff.

rs2315.

The best trick i learnt was on rinsing. When rinsing and on a sheeting window. If i noticed the water deviated then it had a small piece of muck left.

Back