Hello, newcomer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by maintenance LDN, Apr 9, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. maintenance LDN

maintenance LDN Newcomer

Hello I have been thinking for many months now to start up a maintenance company, came through to find peoples up and downs and everyone general insight into window cleaning, guttering, fencing etc, would be nice to hear a few peoples views

Advertisement
  2. cheapncheerful

your gonna need a bigger van...you need a lot of tools....and i never have the right one as it always hides from me....good luck with your future ventures anyway there certainly is a market for it.....:)

3. JJ Window Cleaners

You're going to be busy, that's for sure. Best of luck mate ;)

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Yes welcome pal.

5. maintenance LDN

maintenance LDN Newcomer

Cheerful, ill only use tools needed for days work ahead cause prefably I wiuld book a job one day and start it next day if it a 2 or more day job if it was a quick job I would aim at it next day cause there probably wouldnt be too much prep etc. Workers will be on hand soon as needed if even needed atall?

6. cheapncheerful

i have to say even on the simplest of jobs the amount of different tools i have to use is amazing....so getting them all together and loading them all away is a pain...i would rather have them in my van....a close friend does this odd jobs for a living and you should see the back of his van....but he always finds what he wants...:)

7. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Welcome and all the best mate. Theres plenty of work out there

8. laddergarder

welcome to the forum and best of luck with your new venture

9. Joshua D

Joshua D Active Member

Welcome to the forum and good luck here goes....
    I do window cleaning, gutters, facias and fencing, hedge cutting, lawn cutting, painting also a bricklayer do some small replacement work, pointing, ridge tiles and some other stuff.
    The one I hate the most is fencing, last fencing job I will ever do this Saturday when you can dig nice easy holes one after the other its not a problem.
    Also not having a big enough van is a massive problem, usually you have to be there for the delivery and it doesnt turn up for 4 hours so you sit round doing nothing after you have dug all the holes its just an absolute pain unless you have a big van I wouldn't bother with fencing not worth the pain of digging holes waiting around and lift them heavy concrete posts and gravel boards after digging the holes. Getting rid of the rubbish is a pain as well. (If your desperate for the money then go for it or have all the right tools)
    Stick to the easy stuff price them right try and get more work in one area so a bush that takes 3 hours to cut then another for 2 hours then finish of with 5 hours window cleaning make it worth while going and price it at a good price to get the job.
    Hardest thing is pricing a job I usually say hourly pricing for window cleaning is different to odd jobs.
    Remember the days are longer during the spring and summer so make the most of it nothing worse then working in pitch black.

10. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Welcome to the forums. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Advertisement