Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tip If Your Di Only

WCF

Help Support WCF:

doug atkinson

Couple of local lads do this when we have freezing conditions.

At night they empty their tanks , then in the morning they fill their tanks with hot water from their hot water tap. Their set up in winter is hot water in tank to pump to di vessel to pole.

Doug, (or anyone else)

I got a 7 litre???? DI Vessel, and last I checked was 003ppm, I checked today after reading someones post about stagnent water in a RO? Well I left mine for a month believe it or not, as atm use for hard to reach windows(clean those windows bi monthly) and car washing(not washed car since a month!!)

My PPM came out at 50ppm!!!!

How can I avoid this? I I thought I empytied it?

My water is 250ppm but dont need ro yet, as di is good for car washing lol and the odd window?

G leave the water in the vessel mate dont empty it .

It will read 50 ppm for a few seconds and then it will go back to 0 its just got to flush the bad water out first .

I always leave it in mine and its fine .

Doug, (or anyone else)

I got a 7 litre???? DI Vessel, and last I checked was 003ppm, I checked today after reading someones post about stagnent water in a RO? Well I left mine for a month believe it or not, as atm use for hard to reach windows(clean those windows bi monthly) and car washing(not washed car since a month!!)

My PPM came out at 50ppm!!!!

How can I avoid this? I I thought I empytied it?

My water is 250ppm but dont need ro yet, as di is good for car washing lol and the odd window?
Your resin may have algae in it due to the not being used for a long time. Or another option is your riser tube has been effected by the cold weather.

G leave the water in the vessel mate dont empty it .

It will read 50 ppm for a few seconds and then it will go back to 0 its just got to flush the bad water out first .

I always leave it in mine and its fine .
Hmm well I thought this, I flushed it, the reading kept fluctuating between, 6ppm and 50? Do I flush for longer, I shook the di vessel to move the resin, that lowered it, but it kept going back to 50??

Back