Hello - wanting to understand the cleaning industry further

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by AntonyLiquidBronze, Jul 8, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Hi all,

Its great to join this forum, as it will help me get to know the cleaning sector better. I work for a software company who have written web-based scheduling and CRM software and we are looking to see if it can solve problems for cleaning businesses in a way/for a price that is better than the compe***ion.

It has been proven in other sectors, such as maintenance and recycling (I previously worked in this sector), and I suspect many of the issues will be similar, but hopefully getting to know people on here will improve my understanding of your particular needs. In return I will give help and advice about things such as sales and marketing - something I know a bit more about!

We are looking for companies to roadtest the software for free - all we want in return is honest feedback so we can improve it for you.

You can look at the software here: malinkoapp.com

Please PM me if you are interested, or contact me via the website

Antony

tags: software, scheduling, free, malinko, CRM

Advertisement
  2. nearlyclean

Supplier

Sorry it looks a bit pricey compared to other purpose made window cleaning scheduling programmes

3. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

I agree with Nearlyclean - £100 a MONTH, compared to George - one off £50, and Window Cleaner Pro - one off £210

Both of these are specifically for window cleaning, not adapted.

I am sure your software is very good, but it will probably have a different target to the members of this forum - most members work on their own, or have small companies -that they personally keep control of.

I would imagine that larger companies like Initial, OCS etc may be more interested - but they are big enough to have their own software development team.

If you were to consider offering it cheaper to small companies, and then charge more from the larger ones then I am sure you would get more hits. Eg: Most people have heard of AVG antivirus - free to small companies, larger ones pay well for it. Not saying it should be free to small companies, but it should be compe***ively priced with other solutions out there at the moment.

Good luck though.

4. We have taken this feedback on board and adjusted our pricing policy accordingly. Instead you can log straight into the system without having to go through a long process on the phone with me. This means it is much cheaper for us and we can pass that onto you. You can have a free, no obligation trials - you don't have to give us any other details other than your email address and timezone. The entry price is now £19 per month for up to 5 users, which I understand is still more than George. It actually now comes in cheaper than WCP, who have a model charging £19 per month, but also £1 per month for internet backup (we do this within the price, and I suspect, but don't know, that they don't backup as frequently as we do). Also, with our system you don't have to press anything to keep in sync - as all the data is in "the cloud" you are looking at the same information no matter what device you are using.

Other than specific features of the products, I guess the main difference between our software and George/WCP is that ours is web-based. This means:

- Your data is backed up three times during the day, and once over***ht
    - we are continually updating and improving the software - responding to your feedback - and you don't have to do anything to get the improved software.
    - You don't need a server
    - You don't need to install on a number of computers, and it never goes out of sync
    - You don't need to worry about having the right operating system - it just works
    - It works on smart phones
    - Lots of people can all view the same information at the same time.

I guess the edge George and WCP has is the focus on window cleaning only, but if one of you would like to help us beta test Malinko then we can provide it to you for free and get the custom fields set up perfectly for window cleaners :(

5. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind testing it for you - as long as you could import my data from George - don't want to go through all that again! - have sent you a pm with my email & mobile

Dave

6. nearlyclean

Supplier

George is doing a free 6 week trail and you can transfer all your customers and it is £10 a month

7. That's the George/Aworka system as far as I understand. Yes, their pricing structure is slightly different to ours and works out cheaper if you only have one user, but more expensive if you need to have two users or more.

Pretty much all web-based applications will allow you to use it for a limited period for free, as this lets you see if it suits your business or not - different applications work in a slightly different way and there is room for a number in the market.

We are in the process of improving our system at the moment, thanks to feedback from people on this forum and others :D

In a couple of weeks would be great to get more people on board to further beta test the program, so they will be able to use it for a few months in return for a bit of feedback - don't worry, we will be able to do your transfer from George too.

8. nearlyclean

Supplier

I saw that it was £10 per user and can quickly mount up cost with more users and being web based would matter what operating system you use on computer or phone.

9. MathewL

MathewL Guest

Yeah i agree with others it is a lot you are charging for cleaning and can improve on it the pricing. It is the most important step in establishing a new business. You sometimes have to suffer loss to gain later.

10. No - the Aworka system is £10 per user, not ours. So, using Aworka with 5 users, it would cost you £600 per year. Using Malinko with 5 users would cost you £228 per year.

To be honest, I think they are both good value when you compare with systems that you install on your computer. When I was in the waste industry we saw systems that cost £12,000 before you could do anything!

As for computers - we don't mind whether you use Windows, a Mac, Linux, Android - it works all the same. It has also been tested on a wide variety of web browsers, so you can have any combination of operating system and browser you can think of - it still works. For instance we know it works on:

Mac:
    Safari
    Chrome 10,11,12,13
    Firefox 3,4,5 (& Seamonkey, which uses the same layout engine)
    Opera 10,11
    Camino

Windows 7:
    Safari
    Opera
    Firefox (& Orca and Seamonkey, which use the same layout engine)
    Chrome
    Internet Explorer 7,8,9 (& Avant which uses the same layout engine)

Linux:
    Firefox
    Chrome
    Opera
    Midori

We also know that it works on the following phones: iphone, android phone, blackberry.

You can use it on an ipad or other tablet devices.

You can even use it on a Kindle!

Advertisement