Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

trying to get a few wfp jobs for flats

chris70

Hi all i would like to see if i can get a few wfp jobs for flats but don't know who i would have to contact to find out would it be the caretakers any help please

cheers

Get on to hertford council and ask them as they will know who does all their flats

Then ask when they are up for tender and put in a quote

As for the others i don't know

I got some by going in to local estate agents as they deal with a lot of tennants propertys for landlords and getting myself put on their list of tradesmen so now my name is on their laminated list on the wall as their window cleaner

You get the odd job here and there and get to know who runs these blocks when you do them

any of these really Council, Housing Association or Private im in hertford area
You generally find some form of estate info. board around the entrances to these places. Look for a logo / contact number. Even if it's private there's generally a 'commitee' made up from the residents. Just try knocking a few up and ask.....' would you like your windows cleaned ?' They'll soon put you straight as to who's running the show. And as Davey say's , get in touch with the council to see what's going out for tender. Trouble is it's generally 'jobs for the boys' with the council. I only give out one kind of backhander.

I'm sure someone on a past thread said you can look online to see who has the tenders for the council, i know they have to disclose that information as anyone has the right to know

Freedom of information type stuff

Doing work for the council and housing associations require all the health and safety docs as long as you are compliant you can then win some big jobs [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and also they are usually mega contracts the housing assocation in northern ireland went up bout 4 years ago est at over 1 million quid wozza lol

and also they are usually mega contracts the housing assocation in northern ireland went up bout 4 years ago est at over 1 million quid wozza lol
Doing work for the council and housing associations require all the health and safety docs as long as you are compliant you can then win some big jobs [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aye, but it's getting your foot in the door. They all have a different professional term for the person you need to find. Facilities manager means nothing.

Chris 70....try ringing YOUR local cun....sorry COUncil and ask if you can speak to the Central Services Manager.

Hi all i would like to see if i can get a few wfp jobs for flats but don't know who i would have to contact to find out would it be the caretakers any help pleasecheers
Sorry Chris, distracted and then my brain died.

The CSM will be the guy that runs the day to day workings of your local cun......sorry...habit through working for them a while back.....council and will know who you need to speak to.

That person will be someone in Contracts and Procurement.

You can just try asking for C&P through the switchboard but a name generally unlocks the door a wee bit quicker.

Best of luck matey !

Sorry Chris, distracted and then my brain died. The CSM will be the guy that runs the day to day workings of your local cun......sorry...habit through working for them a while back.....council and will know who you need to speak to.

That person will be someone in Contracts and Procurement.

You can just try asking for C&P through the switchboard but a name generally unlocks the door a wee bit quicker.

Best of luck matey !
cheers for ya help mate top man

Back