Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

expenses

R

Ryan

claiming expenses

anyone want to do a list of things you claimed for for the last tax year ?

also if i buy stuff privately can i claim these as an a expense ?

I put down (off the top of my head):

Van

RO Unit

New pole

Trolley

Van insurance

Van Tax

Diesel

Stationary

Business cards

Work clothes/Boots/Safety gear

The year before I put a computer down on the books as I use it mainly for storing work sheets, designing templates for receipts and flyers, I buy products online with it and plan routes for work, I also store all my accounting on here, and research anything from new technologies for window cleaning to the health and safety laws I need to abide to.

Anything concerning work can be put down in your books, if you hand it to your accountant if anything looks untoward he'll tell you.

I've got the most basic Excel sheet that I use to track expenses. All it does is lost what I bought, when and for how much. I then lost what date I reimbursed myself for the cost. Accountants are happy with this as long as you have the receipt to back up your claims

For those of you that purchase via Ebay , this is what you got to do:

When an item is bought go into your E-mail inbox and print out the receipt that you receive from Ebay.

NOTE: Make sure you are subscribed to notifications from ebay.

if you buy something with your own cash put it through as cash expenses on a form and then attach the receipt in your filing... remember to put things in date order and do an expenses sheet for each month... so when you go buy something small like fairy liquid or something just put the receiptaway and claim for all your monthly expenses collectively.. iv put ebay and privat purchases through.. bought some stuff off a guy i know and he did me a basic receipt.. as long as it for the benefit of the company you should be fine. the reason im telling you to keep things in order is it will take you ages to process anything and an accountant would charge you a fortune.. im fortunate my missus is **** hot with accounts so she kicked my **** into shape

I put down (off the top of my head):

Van

RO Unit

New pole

Trolley

Van insurance

Van Tax

Diesel

Stationary

Business cards

Work clothes/Boots/Safety gear

The year before I put a computer down on the books as I use it mainly for storing work sheets, designing templates for receipts and flyers, I buy products online with it and plan routes for work, I also store all my accounting on here, and research anything from new technologies for window cleaning to the health and safety laws I need to abide to.

Anything concerning work can be put down in your books, if you hand it to your accountant if anything looks untoward he'll tell you.
Can also go take a % of your council tax, rent, gas and electric, Internet and home phone of aswell.

Can ya take off lunch money? Lol
Hmm Im not sure, I now you can give your employees expenses, which inlcudes food, phone etc. So I would imagine you could, now that you bring that up ill ask my accountant lol. If you can I certainly will be.

I know you can put down the odd meal or two, say you were haveing lunch/dinner with a potential client.

Yes but I think there's a cap on how much or how often you do this

Hmm Im not sure, I now you can give your employees expenses, which inlcudes food, phone etc. So I would imagine you could, now that you bring that up ill ask my accountant lol. If you can I certainly will be.

I know you can put down the odd meal or two, say you were haveing lunch/dinner with a potential client.
Ive got the wrong i think its calssed as an aloowance you can give to your employee, there for it would count as pay. I think... lol

Back