Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Goin From A 1 Man Band To Company

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Window Cleaner

ive been working for myself now for almost 2 years and im want to stop the cleaning myself and send some one else to work for me whilst i go out and pick the work up, but have no idea how to go about all this or were to begin if anyone has any advice for me would be much appreciated, things to do, things not to do were to post and ad for a decent worker (im thinking job centre), what wage to pay etc, or if theres anything else i should be looking out for when doing this as this is new territory for me any help or advise for me to make this transition will be grateful.

What do you mean pick the work up? Canvassing? You better off doing that at weekends / nights. If its only a 1 man round I would go sending someone else of to do it lol. You will lose out on some serious money.

Sounds good mate, wouldn't start in the job centre though, you'll just bet bums that drop out every week....

You just need employee Insurance, a contract, a workplace booklet that covers H&S etc and you'll need to train them and record their progress so you can show that you checked they were fit and safe to work. You also need to make sure they understand they will be self employed and need to declare their taxeS, also need to make sure you get them to sign a contract saying they won't take any of your work or potential work etc

Sounds good mate, wouldn't start in the job centre though, you'll just bet bums that drop out every week....You just need employee Insurance, a contract, a workplace booklet that covers H&S etc and you'll need to train them and record their progress so you can show that you checked they were fit and safe to work. You also need to make sure they understand they will be self employed and need to declare their taxeS, also need to make sure you get them to sign a contract saying they won't take any of your work or potential work etc
I agree,times I could do with help and could probably pay sum1 min wage but I'm gona wait until I'm bursting at seams.avoid job centre,I know plenty of window cleaners who out of work but I been in trade all my life,bit tuff for you newbies.I'd wait

I Duno, I would get someone part time to cover the work for Fridays and Saturdays and another day in the week.

I would ten use the day in the week for mass leafleting aswell as Friday during the day, the Saturday day time I would use my cycle idea or hand out leaflets in high street, then Friday, Saturday and Sunday I could leaflet if that makes sense?

Sounds lot of aggro to me,I just let my business bloom like a flower,but part time good idea.i think you gotta have lot of commercial work so they can't pocket money.when I worked for firm loads of lads were at it which is what puts me of at min coz only got 20% commercial.

i think u shud keep working until u got a minimum of 3 vans on the road /emoticons/tongue.png/emoticons/wink.png

Sounds lot of aggro to me,I just let my business bloom like a flower,but part time good idea.i think you gotta have lot of commercial work so they can't pocket money.when I worked for firm loads of lads were at it which is what puts me of at min coz only got 20% commercial.
They should have had a sysem is place so the could fleece out any thief's. Theres a fews thing that could have been done to stop this

They should have had a sysem is place so the could fleece out any thief's. Theres a fews thing that could have been done to stop this
True mate but the owner sold it for£1.5 million so no worries.good family firm though,learnt all I needed to know .where lose cash is concerned you'll always get some thief.

A window cleaning round sold for 1.5mill?
it wansnt just a little house round,loads of house runs,corporate businesses,schools,university,and loads of office cleaning.the bloke started it up on a bike 30 odd years ago so there's hope for us all.

But if you have around 500 customers I would hire someone and get through the round in 3 days instead of 5 and then go canvass for the or 3 days (or 4) and keep building till he 2 of you cant cope. then hire a second person to do your work and then continue canvassing every day...

how bout you clean and someone gets u work. give them £3 for each customer they get you. then you go quote the jobs. if u get the jobs they get there money.

after a rethink im gonna hold it off for a while and take your advise keep building get someone else in with me and when were busy with the 2 of us il think about getting a worker into replace what im doing then i can built it up full time from there but yes worried theifs and workers trying to set emselves up n steal my custies.... its finding some one to pick up the customers for 3 pound though lol i put an add on gumtree months back but only got replies from people miles away and foreigners who could barely speak english so i dont no how they were planning on picking the work up lol,

Back