Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Do You See It?

Colley614

Just wondered how you guys view yourselves, do you have a round or is it your business?

For me I see it as my business and act as such. I see guys all the time walking round cleaning windows with Liverpool shirts on and tracksuit bottoms but the way I see it, if I phoned an electrician or a plumber and they turned up to my house in a tracksuit in their Nissan Micra. I wouldn't care what quote they gave me I naturally wouldn't want them working for me. I try and put a professional image to my business and see it as an asset for my family in as much a way as I see my home. I understand that some people just do it to earn a living and wouldn't employ or invest thousands into equipment and advertising and that's fine in my eyes, we all do it for different reason. I'm just interested in how people see their work?

I see it as a job/business, I wear logo'd cloths and try to look smart but won't get anal about it. Virtually all domestic and don't do huge commercial jobs so my stilo will do the job for now.

I also see it as a business and I act in a professional manner while I'm wearing my logo, I want to have a good image an a well known company

I see it as my business, I have a uniform, tidy van and am in the process at the moment of a large business over hall including new business cards, sign-writing on my van and a promotional campaign to kick things off again.

I'd never wear an LFC shirt or tracky bottoms or shorts.

Ooof that would be awful.

What about wellies?? If you put a logo on them is that ok???

Definitely a business. Soon as I get enough of it I'll be employing someone else to do it. Don't get me wrong I love working outside and love the flexibility but cleaning windows is repetitive not very challenging and very boring.

Im very prodessional... Always keep my van clean and its all signed up i always leave a professional invoice with them once ive done a clean and i always wear a hoodie with my company name on it , i am planning on getting more signed up clothing wheni hit 200 customers... U got to be professional its good for lobg term

I see it as my business, I have a uniform, tidy van and am in the process at the moment of a large business over hall including new business cards, sign-writing on my van and a promotional campaign to kick things off again.

I'd never wear an LFC shirt or tracky bottoms or shorts.

Ooof that would be awful.I
You don't wear shorts when it's 30+. Phew.

What about wellies?? If you put a logo on them is that ok???

Definitely a business. Soon as I get enough of it I'll be employing someone else to do it. Don't get me wrong I love working outside and love the flexibility but cleaning windows is repetitive not very challenging and very boring.
Very true. Repetitive & boring. & for the record I wear track suit bottoms in winter as lovely & warm & shorts in the summer. I really don't see a custie complaining about you wearing shorts when it's hot & vice versa when it's cold. It's about in my eyes doing a good job. I've seen people with all the gear & some are not very good.

Im planning on gettign shrots with my company logo etc... would look very smart /emoticons/wink.png

I wear shorts all the time even when it's cold, working warms me up. I still look smart enough & everything matches but I'm cleaning windows not working in an office, I understand if someone doesn't do that though but I can assure ya I'm still the smartest windie around my way cos everyone else in jeans and the lfc top or whatever they're into.

Why always a Lfc shirt?? Lol I didn't think they had that many supporters. /emoticons/smile.png

I have logo on my sweatshirts and jacket and wear navy blue cargo trousers, I think it is important to look smart and wearing the right clothes puts you in the right frame of mind. Remember someone saying look smart, work smart. Don't know why someone would want to wear a football shirt anywhere else but at a football match or with your mates down the pub. If your saw a bloke up a ladder with a football shirt and trackie bottoms on you think Burglar or cheap window cleaner. Nice uniform your customers can see you take your work serious and don't mind paying bit more for better service.

I saw someone wearing a Chelsea top in Manchester the other day, thought what a brave man.

I am planning on getting clothing branded. But I have worn my Chelsea top to work with my Nike air max and jeans. Have worn tracksuit bottoms before too, and in really warm days it feels freat wearing my camo shorts or red flowery ones! My domestic customers couldn't care what i wear. But I'd like to look a bit more professional when doing bigger commercial. I have a decent round of good customers and I feel it's more of a business now than just something to do, so I'm always trying to better myself

Before I didnt care what I was wearing then I upped my game, now only wear logo'd cloths and couldnt wear anything else for work(if am working for someone to help them out then id wear anything lol, but only logo'd cloths for my company)

I too see it as a bussiness and a job.

I was in the Cheshire regiment, then transferred to the rlc. I'm thinking of getting builders type shorts for when it's really hot.

I was in the Cheshire regiment, then transferred to the rlc. I'm thinking of getting builders type shorts for when it's really hot.
Ah rite, I was duke of lancasters for 13 years

Back