Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Submersible pump help please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Minty

Hi. My silver line sub pump from the IBC has finally give up. No longer can I pull it up and encourage it with a sharp blow.

looking on screwfix site and it seems they can't be used constantly or left submerged?

This one has been in the tank 8 years, so no complaints 

wondering if everyone else leaves theirs in and what make your using

Minty

I use a titan dirty pump from screwfix which is always left in the tank. Fills 350L tank in 3 minutes when using 1 1/4 inch transfer hose. Around 8 minutes with 1" hose. Only had mine 4-5 months but no problems with it being left in the tank so far. My ibc is sat in the front garden with no insulation and when everything has been frozen still been no problems.

Recently changed to standard 1" hose and fuel nozzle to fill up tank in the van, when i let go of the trigger to stop water flow the pump seems to have a dead end detection

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I use a 250lpm clean water Hyundai pump onto 1" hose with fuel nozzle to fill tank up. The pump has dead end detection and approx 90 secs to fill 350 litre tank up. The pump has been in the IBC now for a few months and no issues. 

Hi, yes the pump shuts down the pressure, you can still hear it but it's not trying to pump as far as I can tell. Not had any problems with using the trigger 

I use a titan dirty pump from screwfix which is always left in the tank. Fills 350L tank in 3 minutes when using 1 1/4 inch transfer hose. Around 8 minutes with 1" hose. Only had mine 4-5 months but no problems with it being left in the tank so far. My ibc is sat in the front garden with no insulation and when everything has been frozen still been no problems.

Recently changed to standard 1" hose and fuel nozzle to fill up tank in the van, when i let go of the trigger to stop water flow the pump seems to have a dead end detection

Sent using the http://Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Sorry to bump an old thread but......does your titan pump fit in the standard lid of the lbc?  The ones i'm looking at are just out (157mm & the lbc lid width is 150mm).  Will it squash in with a bit of manoevering? Would rather not start drilling holes if i don't have to! Cheers

Sorry to bump an old thread but......does your titan pump fit in the standard lid of the lbc?  The ones i'm looking at are just out (157mm & the lbc lid width is 150mm).  Will it squash in with a bit of manoevering? Would rather not start drilling holes if i don't have to! Cheers
Most find that they have to cut the lid area of their IBC to peel back a flap to insert their submersibles.

There are a few IBC tanks around (or were) with a wider lid or use an external transfer pump using 1 1/4" hose through the lid's vent cap.

Have to cut a flap that you can pull back.

But dont have to completely cut the lid off. It closes back over so will stop most things getting inside the tank

Back