Help - Been Asked To Pressure Wash Algae Off Brickwork

Discussion in 'Pressure Washing' started by adrianb1066, May 14, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. adrianb1066

adrianb1066 Member

I've been asked to pressure wash the bottom three courses of bricks around a local block of flats as in places there is a lot of algae and moss accumulating due to it not getting much direct sunlight.

Questions:

I have a Nilfist 1.2 pressure washer and lance so I think this would be ok as I don't want to rent/buy any equipment. Opinions?

Should I pretreat the walls to loosen/kill the algae before pressure washing? If so what with?

Can I damage anything do you think. The pointing looks ok to me and he bricks solid?

How much should I charge? By the metre?

All advice welcome as I am meeting the building manager Friday so would like I be a bit more clued up.
    Thanks in advance,
    Adrian.

Advertisement
  2. mr shine

mr shine Guru

what spec is the washer , also price wise is either by the meter or price per hour , if you pressure wash the area first and after that spray chloras on the area or mossgo and your sorted

3. adrianb1066

adrianb1066 Member

The pressure washer is 110 bar & 6 litres per min. Does ok on decking, paving slabs etc. I don't want anything too powerful and damage the bricks/mortar. Thanks for the Mossgo tip.

4. mr shine

mr shine Guru

that wont do damage , if you can source chloras locally its way cheaper than the mossgo , chloras is usually sold in farmers co ops or suppliers

5. adrianb1066

adrianb1066 Member

Thanks for all the help Mr Shine - will go look for some Chloras locally & when I meet this guy at least I now know a bit about what i'm talking about! :)

Advertisement