Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

going in a area with window cleaner are

I don't know about anyone else here, but on the few occasions i've had the moody after apparently 'poaching' a few jobs, i've been told by the customers ( not just the old ones either ) that they felt so intimidated by the previous cleaners that they were too scared to dump 'em.That's CRIMINAL.

I had a pair of Jeremy kyles finest call me up a few months back after they had one of my leaflets through their letter box, telling me to stay away from that area, both giving it large on the phone, going slash my tyres, find where I live beat me up, beat the mrs up, blah blah blah, I have since put a canvasser in that area and picked up a few more there, always wonder to myself if they will show up as I am cleaning one day but so far not a sniff from them. Prob just a pair of dole dossing morons with a old ladder and dirty chamois leather on the shoulders that charge about 3 quid a house. **** em I say it's the customers choice.
Amazing some people must be real hard up for work!!!

I actually get on with all the local windies even gave Logan on here a boab as he had just started out

He was cleaning on a road I did at the time

...p

No nothing at all @daveyboy1 I did sort of expect more calls or some kind of hassle after that 1 call, but I am still standing with 4 inflated tyres /emoticons/smile.png lol

I did have 2 lads walk past me when I was near that area last month with ladders on the shoulder who cleaned 2 doors down from where I was but they were surprisingly friendly but looked dog ruff, unless like @Eviestevie my 6"4 frame put them off at the last minute lol!

No nothing at all @daveyboy1 I did sort of expect more calls or some kind of hassle after that 1 call, but I am still standing with 4 inflated tyres /emoticons/smile.png lolI did have 2 lads walk past me when I was near that area last month with ladders on the shoulder who cleaned 2 doors down from where I was but they were surprisingly friendly but looked dog ruff, unless like @Eviestevie my 6"4 frame put them off at the last minute lol!
Being tall mate does have some advantages

I'm just under 6'2" but i reckon it's my demeanour that people notice

If approached i would still be stood there with my don't give a :turd: attitude

Although when i am moving my hands about when talking it is actually a technique to have myself ready to strike not me gesticulating as i don't talk with my hands like some

Being tall mate does have some advantages
My best mate Wez is 6'7" and about 22 stone and not fat

He has been big since school and never had a fight in his life

Went to the gym with him and was teaching him how to box

Awesome reach but didn't have a clue

Sometimes size is very beneficial

Would love to have grown up with no fighting or aggro

Then again he grew up in a Hertfordshire village not west london lol

I've bumped into a couple of windys during my cleans and they have been very chatty with me, an older boy asked if he could have a shot of the liquidator I was using, let him crack on and he finished off the house for me, only had 3 windows to do haha.

Wouldn't worry about it, like others have said its up to the customer who they choose, smile and wave they'll soon move on.

I had the same..got a local windie on to the liquidators..also another guy gave me a go of his slx and extreme brush

Nice when we all get along

Met another guy who was based in Peterborough but grew up here so does a day a week here or something like that

He was happy when i told him about my water guy as is about quarter of a mile from where he works here and reckons it is easier and cheaper than carting it all here

Also handy if running low

I had the same..got a local windie on to the liquidators..also another guy gave me a go of his slx and extreme brushNice when we all get along
SLX and an extreme brush, a bit like waving a wand about Davey :thumbsup:

Plus I'm of umpa lumpa size 5'7" and still don't get bothered by others, benefit of staying on the west coast of Scotland, gives you a thick skin to all the :turd:. Moved up here with an English accent (army brat) when I was 12 and needless to say the fighting started from day one. Best part about it I lost the accent by the time I was 14 /emoticons/smile.png

Losing the accent isn't the best thing lol

Where you from in England originally then?

Davey s just up the road from me. I'd just give him a shout lol.

There loads of windies here & we all get on fine. No one has a "patch" & even pass work on to each other.

I'd wave & smile. Sod em.

I moved from west london housiing estate to north west london housing estate when i was about that age andd my accent stayed:p

Then the fighting started

I moved from west london housiing estate to north west london housing estate when i was about that age andd my accent stayed:pThen the fighting started
Daveyboy bit off topic but your into the mma?or Krav maga? What you think about Connor magregor

Daveyboy bit off topic but your into the mma?or Krav maga? What you think about Connor magregor
He's a good fighter bit a bit up his own ****

Could do with a shave too lol

Be interesting to see how he gets on against aldo in december as mendes was a substitute

Forest griffin will always be my favourite mma fighter

He's a good fighter bit a bit up his own arseCould do with a shave too lol

Be interesting to see how he gets on against aldo in december as mendes was a substitute

Forest griffin will always be my favourite mma fighter
I actually like mcgregor think he'll do well for the sport

Although also will def test him he's a hard man

Griffin I always liked him he just had that look.tou could see the hardness in him

You remem mark Kerr I liked him what a machine but watched a vid on YouTube ova day he's propa a mess now

I'm sure when i used to watch thai boxing on the fight channel forest griffin used to fight..i may be wrong but sure he's got a thai boxing background

Back