Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Removing Lead Stains

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Beetlejuice, beetlejuice, ............. (reference for our older viewers)

@Poles Apart you're wrong

@LouisAMS, glad you dont look after my house.

Yes Oxalic acid will do it but not too nice to work with. A potato cut in half will work if you use it long enough.

Virosol / Ubix will also work with magic sponge and loads of elbow grease.

Unger Rub out will deal with it in seconds. That's why it's expensive

Yes Oxalic acid will do it but not too nice to work with. A potato cut in half will work if you use it long enough.

STOP BEING SO OPPINIONATED YOU'VE RATTLED OTHERS BEFORE! YOU NEED TO PUT A LID ON IT:thumbsdown:

STOP BEING SO OPPINIONATED YOU'VE RATTLED OTHERS BEFORE! YOU NEED TO PUT A LID ON IT:thumbsdown:
:gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush::gush:

Any chance of a bit more info on the unger rub out . Can it be used on plastic as well as glass ? . What's the best way of applying it , cloth , sponge , brush and wfp . First I've heard of it but I'm not sure what it is meant for . Stubborn stains or general plastic cleans . Thanks in advance .

Skxawng,

If it's going to be a regular job you could offer to seal the lead for them. Patination oil will do it and make cleaning easier in the future & the customer will definitely appreciate it :thumbsup:

It's a pity you don't take a dose of the same Medicine you're Prescribing, if you are going to insult someone why don't you PM them I'll leave it there?/emoticons/wink.png

Come on guys, this is now spilling over into a couple of threads now.....

I thought we were all about sharing knowledge....

Time to draw a line under it and move on surely..../emoticons/sad.png

It's a pity you don't take a dose of the same Medicine you're Prescribing, if you are going to insult someone why don't you PM them I'll leave it there?/emoticons/wink.png
I didn't insult anyone. You made a statememt that lead stains cant be cleaned off glass. I simply said you're wrong. That's not an insult.

You chose to take it as such. It's on you mate. Not me. You chose to lay into me, in public forum instead of by your own advice... P.M.

Did you think I'd just lay down and take it? Good luck.

Pots and kettles mate.

Now i'll take your lead and we'll move on.

o_O

Well I can't get lead stains off glass I'm not rubbing king Edwards Potatoes on glass I'm a window cleaner not a potato farmer I'll send you down I couldn't get it off with a scraper and I'm not damaging glass you've got the job if you want what's the call out charge?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Latest Posts

Back