Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Im New On Here

WCF

Help Support WCF:

eadache

hi im eadache have been doin windows for about 3 years working with a friend. recently i started working for a firm in working on building sites.

please inform anyone who applies for a job with this firm or is sub contracted she will not pay you for the work

i worked with house proud for 3 months and my wage was always 50 quid or more down each week, also i left for a period because of my wage and she had 3 window cleaners in the 2 months i was absent 1 lasted 2 hours and the other worked for a fortnight and did not recieve any payment for the subcontracted work he did. thanks for letting me join this forum.

Try and keep calm mike I understand your frustration first you need to establish if your jobs gone before you get carried away mate you may still need an income not matter how unreliable while you plan your next move with lots of turnover of staff things will come to a head and the contractors rep will suffer

Hopefully mike you have gained a few things from this like cscs cards subcontractors cards etc meaning your in a position to approach other companies for work would recommend you get hold of a book called the streetwise subbie available from amazon should give you some good tips on managing agreements with contractors also there is a link on the site to window cleaning round for sale which as a people required section which may benefit you at the moment as would expect you wish to get some cash rolling in

May be worth sticking employment required ad in wanted not too many of us on here from northwest I am not up and running yet window cleaning but there is one or two from Manchester area and plenty of visitors to the site so nothing lost

Back