Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Evening all

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Marky

Hi guys, just wanted to say hello, brilliant forum, bit of a newbie, been on here for a year now, just getting loads of good info, need to keep myself up the rear and make the leap, nobody else is gonna make it happen for me, I have a full time job with a good firm but I want to be my own boss and this will be my way in for me,

Keep up the good work everyone.

Mark in Reading.

hi and welcome Marky...are you really sure....just joking...i couldnt work for anybody...me likes free...i am sure you will too, free is good...:Der that doesnt mean do the windows for free...mind you some would say i do..:rofl:

Hi mark

Good luck with it all

I've been self employed for 25 years

and sometimes wish I had a job with a good firm for various reasons regular money holiday pay sick pay etc but I guess I think that being my own boss outweighs all that stuff.One thing I've found difficult over the years is being disciplined and treating it as if I was working for a firm but then again I've never missed any mid week televised sporting events etc but all the best with your venture

Regards

Tony

Welcome to the forum mate. Being self employed has its ups and downs, but one thing is for sure- you get out what you put in..... and that's better then most jobs out there. Usually you put in effort, and your boss reaps the rewards, whereas in this game you take the full share of your hard work. Good luck with what you decide to go for.

Good luck mate, its a great job....................in summer lmao

In winter!!!????, well thats another thread, i wouldnt do anything else i have tried to give up window cleaning a couple of times but always ended up sticking to it, it really is the best job ever

i like the winter ....i like a challenge....and it can be a challenge at times....thats why i love this country...i like the seasons..it all makes sense to me...you may get another post on here when i come in soaking wet freezing cold and not got much money which comes across as somewhat different...but hey at the mo....what a life.../emoticons/biggrin.png

and er...not so sure what the hell will happen to my wfp in the winter cold:eek::eek::eek:

when u go for it, keep posting on here, the lads will encourage you and help you out if youre local most likely.

All the best Marky. As people have said, being self employed has its downs as well as its ups. From my experience, there are far more ups than downs. I have found it totally liberating after spending 28 years working in a court (I took voluntary redundancy 3 years ago).....freedom to make your own plans and decisions, to start and finish when you want to, to reap the rewards of your hard graft. No more bosses breathing down your neck, spouting corporate messages and propaganda like the pre programmed robots that they are!.

Oops!....getting carried away.

In a nutshell, work hard, concentrate on quality, get the right equipment, dont quote cheap, be patient and before you know it, windowcleaning will reward you.

I love it!

Best of luck Marky, cant say much more than what has been said above, best of luck :thumbsup:

All the best Marky. As people have said, being self employed has its downs as well as its ups. From my experience, there are far more ups than downs. I have found it totally liberating after spending 28 years working in a court (I took voluntary redundancy 3 years ago).....freedom to make your own plans and decisions, to start and finish when you want to, to reap the rewards of your hard graft. No more bosses breathing down your neck, spouting corporate messages and propaganda like the pre programmed robots that they are!.

In a nutshell, work hard, concentrate on quality, get the right equipment, dont quote cheap, be patient and before you know it, windowcleaning will reward you.

I love it!
28 years did you start at ten....looking well mrtaytay...i know its the home brew...

I love it!

28 years working in a court!? That's more than a life sentence :whistle:

I love it!
were you a judge @mrtaytay ?

Back