Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Safety !

WCF

Help Support WCF:

David K

Hi guys !

Any of you guys spreading out some road-salt / gravel after a clean on subzero days !? Frontdoors steps and where theres a lot of water and the custy walks . ? I always do as it Can become quite the death-trap ..

Maybe , but these days when leaving a pool at stairway to the door in subs it becomes really dangerous . At the moment We have - degrees all hours in my area.

Glad salt is cheap ! /emoticons/wink.png

Did a big victorian house the other week,walked up steps and put ticket in letter box then slipped on the top step as the water from the window above had frozen. Fell down 6 steps and landed on my back,really lucky I was ok. Now a bag of salt is always in the van. Hard to think that a bag of salt could save a life!

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

True, but sometimes (although rarely) the window above the door can drip down and freeze
That was the case on the one day I have had this problem so far this year. The water was freezing on the doorsteps before I left the properties. I walked back to the vehicle, grabbed my bag of salt and stated salting all the doorsteps. A couple of customers that were in commented appreciatively.

don't forget to damage this salt does to carpets and when you have put it down its on you , far better just too wipe the door with a damp cloth taks the same time to do as speeding salt

I do this if there is a chance of it freezing up. Last thing I want is someone going **** over tit because of frozen water. And people really appreciate it. I fill a bucket from a council grit container and keep it in the van during cold periods.

Back